Headlight in Auto mode?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjlink

Does anyone else have the headlights come on every time you go under a bridge or anything else that casts a shadow on the light sensor when driving with the headlight in Auto mode? :?:

Yes. I wasn't expecting auto lights mode. It's not mentioned as a feature and the manual says "if equipped." And yes, mine come on in tunnels and other shaded situations. It's a little too sensitive, but I like it better than manual mode.

I seldom use it unless we start out in late afternoon because it turns on my headlights in the garage at high noon whenever we enter or leave and I hate wasting any energy unnecessarily - Not a particularly desirable feature, IMO

I *like* the way they set up the foglights though - You must turn them on whenever you want them . . . . they self cancel when you shut off the car - IE, you can't leave them turned on anytime the headlights are on, which is the way we've always used them on our ICE cars

Don

Back