City of Winooski

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phximiev

Came across this YouTube video about the city's acquisition of i-Mievs:

Vermont Public Works

https://youtu.be/W_EKSRYsMVY

So I sent an email to the city and received this response (between the lines):

_______

Thanks for your note and the link to that video - that was right after we got the cars. I'd forgotten about it.

The four cars are assigned by department - Public Works, Code Enforcement, Administration, and Community Services. For our use, in a small city like a Winooski, they're almost perfect. We use them for everything including emergencies and traffic control. The only drawback is the mileage limitation. Travel beyond Montpelier is impractical.

We just renewed the leases for an additional two years. I guess that indicates we're quite pleased with the them!

Peter M. Wernsdorfer
City of Winooski
Director of Public Works
27 West Allen Street
Winooski, VT 05404
(802) 655-6410 office
(802) 655-1957 shop
(802) 540-5122 cell

______

I suggested that they join the forum as they would find numerous others just as pleased! As to the range issue raised, is anyone here on the forum familiar with the charging networks in his neck of the woods?

I work nearby and regularly recharge at the City operated Type 3 Fast Charge unit. I was buying lunch at the local Hanaford and when I came out I found one of the City Mievs parked next to mine. I have a couple of pics but can't figure out how to attach them.

hs1Z96P.jpg

O4ryp7L.jpg

JB Patry

jbpatry said:
I work nearby and regularly recharge at the City operated Type 3 Fast Charge unit. I was buying lunch at the local Hanaford and when I came out I found one of the City Mievs parked next to mine. I have a couple of pics but can't figure out how to attach them.

JB Patry

The subject of incorporating pictures is covered in this topic:

http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1626&hilit=upload+pictures

I personally use Imgur, reduce the pics to 400 x 400 or so, then select the 'BBCCode' or 'Linked BBCCode' link in Imgur and paste that into the topic post, then submit the topic with any text.

Holler if you need help! Everyone here would be happy to help and we look forward to the pictures.

:D

jbpatry said:
Thank you for the assist, as you can see it worked great.

JB Patry

Yes, indeed, nice pics.

Now you'll have to keep a lookout for other iMievs. Post 'em when you find 'em!

:D

Back