They want my car

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmcbrine

Recently, I got a letter from King Mitsubishi, where I bought my i-MiEV (used), offering a deal on a trade-in. "After only a year?" I thought. But OK; I wasn't too surprised by that.

Then today, I get a similar letter from Toyota (!) of Bowie. How do they even know about my car? Kinda creepy, that. Of course, I won't be taking them up on their generous offer of "up to" $7956 for the car I paid $10K for last year. But it's nice to be wanted, I guess.

I get these all the time from King in Gaithersburg and Kirby in Frederick, but they only offer it if I would buy a gasser. They even send me reminders for upcoming oil changes.
I have 49,000mi in 35 months with my MiEV and love it.
I wish, they would bring out a simple EV without all this OTA-stuff but 200mi range. I will have to find out, if I can disable all that communication stuff on the upcoming Bolt.

...only now, "they" includes random guys in a parking lot:

Him: (rolls down his window as he passes going the other way, starts talking to me) Wow, I never saw one of those! Is that new? What year is that?
Me: 2012
Him: [More admiring comments, then] Wanna sell it?
Me: (laughs) No.

I don't think he even knew it was electric or anything, just liked the look. I can only assume this guy has a large collection of cars he bought on whims. (No, it wasn't Jay Leno.)

I do also still get letters from King Mitsubishi et al., with increasingly insulting trade-in offers (~$2800 the last time, IIRC).

My dealer sent me an email saying my vehicle is "Past Due for its recommended maintenance" and to "please schedule an appointment" and then some coupon offers:

The Works Coupon $29.95: Includes engine oil change but synthetic and diesel excluded. Too bad. :? :( Also a filter change (an oil filter)? Then a tire rotation. Hmm, not sure we can even do that. :roll: Finally a mult-ipoint inspection whatever this is. Hopefully they'll check the power steering fluid. :lol:

Lube, Oil & Filter Coupon $69.95: Same as above but with a six pack oil change. Not sure what this is, maybe six oil changes. :p

My dealer has been a good dealer but their internet email guy has been driving a gasser too long.

Back