Used car buyback offer from dealer

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PV1

Staff member
So, has anyone gotten their "We want your car" letter yet?

Just got mine yesterday with a simulated check for roughly $8,000.

Why do they want them back ?

No way they can have mine............. just make sure my teenager doesn't get the letter as she may call and tell them to get it hahahha

Different dealers keep sending us these for all of our cars. I don't know why the dealers want so many used cars.

They aren't getting either of mine any time soon, though I do have someone that wants to buy Koorz. Get this, he works for the local oil company! :lol: :lol:

it's just a sales tactic to get you in the door so they can push a sales pitch on you. bait for the weak willed. you can go check it out if you'd like but be prepared for some hard sales tactics.

melloyello said:
it's just a sales tactic to get you in the door so they can push a sales pitch on you. bait for the weak willed. you can go check it out if you'd like but be prepared for some hard sales tactics.
Yes, this is exactly correct. I got one of those letters for my old 2002 Prius (classic model) a while back. You darn well there is no market for that vehicle.
Here is one on eBay for $152. http://ebay.to/1VNaCAV

A couple weeks ago I got a similar letter with all sorts of brightly coloured promo materials full of incentives and cash back and yada yada yada. I actually did book an appointment last week and talked with a sales rep at the dealership for 20 minutes or so. I have a 2012 with only 18,000 km on it. The guy ballparked me $10-11,000 trade-in value (that's Canadian dollars, so about $3.58 US). I have satisfied my curiosity. It certainly won't be worth it to upgrade to a 2016, but I wanted to know!

Back