New owner in Iceland Reykjavík

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frosti

Just got a 2010 model with 35000 km on the clock, it left the factory in 2009. Think its the oldest I on the forum.
Range is around 70-95 km on a full charge, so it seams to be holding up ok. Only thing is a little bit of rust. It was bought from the dealer and has a new charger as well as some other recall work. This forum has been very help full, and was the biggest help in me deciding to buy the car. So thanks guys and girls :)

Welcome to the forum. Glad you found our info helpful.

I believe that you have the oldest i-MiEV on this forum, or very close to it (earliest I recall is a 2011). I also believe you are the only member from Iceland. From what I've researched, Iceland seems to be an excellent country to have an EV (near 100% renewable electricity, as well as being relatively compact in size). I look forward to hearing about your experiences.

Mine was registered in NL on 29-11-2010, it's probably from a bit before that date. Mine doesn't even have a * to denote freezing temperatures like the newer models have. It does have Chademo, and the pack was replaced last year september. It had 58k kilometers when I bought it and a very similar range before the battery stopped accepting charge.

Thank you Pv1, and yes its true that most we are mostly renewable. Lots of evs on the streets of Reykjavík, mostly Nissans and Kias, and a hand full of I-mievs. databeestje did you have to pay for the pack? and if so how much? My car is out of warranty so i am kind of curious

The pack fell under the 8 year warranty for the i, it also helped that I purchased that car the week before, so I had warranty regardless.

The Mitsubishi dealer made it clear to me that that pricing for the batteries isn't as bad as some of the sources say. He quoted 2500 euro for a Outlander PHEV pack (12kWh), ofcourse that is without tax or labour.

There are users that fixed the battery pack themselves if a single cell fails. I think that would help you too. They replaced a single cell in a Citroen C-Zero pack. The single cell was 150 euros and it took them 4 hours. So yes, I'd consider that fixable. With a 50-60 euros hourly rate you'd look at something in the order of a 400-500 euro repair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcL4UvGvWkA

Thanks databeestje. Good to know that its possible to buy and change a single cell rather than the howl pack! Must say i am pretty happy with the car, the lack of the the preheat option is the only let down. Odd that my car got 5 year warranty and yours 8.

Just did a range test driving 60-90 in high wind, temp at 2 above. Tiers are winter inflated to 40 psi.No heater. concluded that the range for my almost 7 year old I is about 70 km. Must say i am thank full for the speed limit in Iceland being 90 km :D

That sounds about right, with the heating on 3rd click and around 0 C I also had about 70km of range. The wind is often one of the bigger issues, I mostly have head winds when driving to work, it's noticeable in the charge time at work. I often make up for it on the way back.

The front is pretty sloped, but it's still not very aerodynamic.

Back