Three BEVs in a row

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klindholm

Driving this week I noticed a Tesla in front of me and behind me in my iMiev, and it occurred to me that EVs are slowly making progress towards mainstream acceptance. I am good at spotting Leafs (many) and Teslas (fewer).

Wanted to ask if anyone can beat three in a row in normal driving (not counting a trip to drive electric week :D )

(I was probably helped Tesla wise that it was Scottsdale)

Kevin

In my neck of the woods, it is not at all unusual to see a half-dozen EVs stopped at a traffic light. Tesla, Leaf, i3, 500e, etc., although hard to distinguish the Ford Focus EV and the VW e-Golf.

Let's add some spice to this thread and see how many BEVs we can include in a photograph posted on this thread? Plug-in hybrids don't count, as the Volt and i3Rex and the various Ford Energis are a dime-a-dozen.

Only seeing one other car at a time is my best while driving the i-MiEV.

For the Focus Electric, I tend to look at the front-left fender to see if the plug ring is there, as all the new Focus models look like the FFE (very similar grill). I've only seen 1 FFE on the road, and that was in State College.

I did have a Model S merge onto the highway in front of my a couple of years ago. I tried to get up beside him and wave, but just as I did he got into the left lane (3-lane highway) and was gone. No way an i-MiEV will keep up with a Tesla. :lol:

I'm hard pressed to not see a LEAF or Tesla on a trip to Pittsburgh any more (I love it :mrgreen: ). Sometimes, I'll even see one in my town on my way to work.

I was in a Tesla sandwich yesterday.
Seems P85D Model S Teslas are a dime a dozen in Vancouver these days.
I see 3 or 4 every day in my commute.
The local hospital has 6 charging stations usually all occupied by Teslas.
At the airport (YVR) it is common to see 3 Teslas plugged in as well.
I've seen 3 in a row dropping off their kids at the local private school.

Only us poor folk drive I-MiEV's.

Don't get me wrong, I love how Elon / Tesla has moved EV's to the forefront but sadly a model S or X is not in my future.

On the bright side, I guarantee that most model S owners / drivers don't enjoy driving electric as much as I do!!!

There are a ton a Tesla's around here. One works here at my Hospital and the street he pulls into, there is another one that lives there too.

I pass by 3 others on my way into work (I live 8 miles from work).
Course there are also a couple Maserati's around here, and other higher end gassers.

JoeS said:
Let's add some spice to this thread and see how many BEVs we can include in a photograph posted on this thread?
Heck, a photo of Joe's side yard alone would show 7 or 8!! Impossible to compete with that in my neighborhood :cry:

Don

I met a Think City at an intersection today, but we didn't quite get in line. I was surprised to see it, though. Away from charging stations (and the dealer, where there were multiple i-MiEVs), it's only been Leafs (Leaves?) and Volts for me, until now.

Does this count? :mrgreen:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ipuc72rvexlwe6d/20130608_074951.jpg?dl=0

Spotted at the Somerset rest area along the PA Turnpike a couple of years ago.

PV1 said:
Does this count? :mrgreen:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ipuc72rvexlwe6d/20130608_074951.jpg?dl=0

Spotted at the Somerset rest area along the PA Turnpike a couple of years ago.

No.......... that is cheating :D

I live up a twisty winding road that intimidates some drivers. The speed limit is 30mph, IMO it's safe at 40, but yesterday there was a Leaf going 22... followed by a Tesla .... followed by my i-MiEV ... followed by a BMWi3 ... followed by another Tesla! No ICE vehicles!

We have arrived! :mrgreen:

(Sorry, no photo)

Back