Personalized Plates and California White HOV Sticker

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jennrod12

I have personalized plates on an existing car that I want to move over to the i-MiEV. I have to wait for the regular plates come in from my registration first. I also need to wait for the regular plate to come in before I can order my white HOV stickers.

I want to get my white stickers as soon as possible. I am guessing that I should apply for them as soon as I get my regular plates, and after I get them, I should apply to switch my plates. Is that the right way to do it?

Thanks,

Jenn

Jen - I got my HOV stickers before my personalized plates were delivered to the DMV office. So when I picked up the personalized plates I ask the DMV if the paperwork needed to be updated. The DMV person checked with her supervisor and they said no, the VIN number ties the HOV stickers to the car so no paperwork change is needed.

Thanks, John,

That kind of implies that no plates at all are needed to be on my car before I order the white stickers, could that be true?

Jenn

jennrod12 said:
Thanks, John,

That kind of implies that no plates at all are needed to be on my car before I order the white stickers, could that be true?

Jenn

No, the form for the stickers does require a license plate number (also the FAQ says its required) before submitting the form.

Back