jsantala

Re: Citroen C Zero v Renault Zoe.

Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:03 am

Personally I detest the compulsory battery rental system. I mean you buy a vehicle, but have to lease an integral part of it and if the lease runs out, I suppose they can come and repo your battery, and you're left with a vehicle you've paid a lot of money for, but is now completely useless and unsellable. At least with i-MiEV and clones you can keep all the parts. ;)
kWsaki.com / EVs: Nissan Leaf 2012, Citroën Xsara 1997 (conv. 81V & 8" Series DC) and Kawasaki GPX750R 1987 (conv. 87V & ME1003 PMDC) / Used to have a Citroën C-Zero 2011

John

Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:05 pm

Zelenec wrote:John, what about Zoe's battery rental costs? I believe in UK also you can't buy but only lease the battery. If so, I would make a calculation about profitability. The price of monthly battery rental and electricity cost is at least 8€/100 km. That makes driving Zoe far more expensive as any small diesel car.

£70pm up to 7500 miles a year, or £45pm up to 3000 miles a year. That's for a purchase price of £13445. Comparable sized EVs without battery lease are considerably more expensive. As I said, I'm only looking at various options at present. And my reasons for considering an EV aren't just economic. If I had a bucket list, an electric car would be on it. And with the recent emissions scandal, there's no way I'd buy a diesel car.

Zelenec

Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:54 am

John wrote:£70pm up to 7500 miles a year, or £45pm up to 3000 miles a year. That's for a purchase price of £13445. Comparable sized EVs without battery lease are considerably more expensive. As I said, I'm only looking at various options at present. And my reasons for considering an EV aren't just economic. If I had a bucket list, an electric car would be on it. And with the recent emissions scandal, there's no way I'd buy a diesel car.

I see. I just wanted to remind you that renting a battery is very expensive IMO. Very attractive option can be buying used C-Zero or Ion for not more than 10k€.
Tired of smelly garage - switched to EV!
Zelenec = Greeny, Treehugger, Ecofan

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”