Where do you put the carpool lane stickers on a i-miev?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ed5000

I came home to find that my California carpool lane stickers have arrived in the mail! Hurrah! I opened them up and wow, these things are big. I thought they were about 4 inches long but no, they're 7 inches long by 3.5 inches high at the widest and I'm supposed to place these behind the rear wheel on the fender so that they're visible from the sides. The fender of an i-miev behind the rear wheel is razor thin when viewed from the sides so I'm guessing they'll have to go above the rear wheels? Has anyone else placed theirs there?
There's also a smaller one that goes on the back bumper where there's tons of room. That one is easy.

I did an image search on "california hov sticker i-miev"... not too many helpful results, but there were these:

CD0B5DA4-C362-4986-B887-3873C0418C66_4.jpg

15818A80-53B4-42E6-8802-A4EE639B62F1_9.jpg

EBA61BE0-094F-4B07-9ACF-301E6EBB18B9_7.jpg

wmcbrine said:
I did an image search on "california hov sticker i-miev"... not too many helpful results, but there were these...
That was a good idea looking through the want ads. All three look fine to me but maybe I'll go with the first one.
Thanks wmcbrine!

JoeS said:
FWIW, here's where I put mine:
Ok, it's done. I ended up putting mine in the same place. It seem to make the most sense. I kind of like them since they tell everyone it's an electric vehicle (or at least an alternative fuel vehicle). I'm still going to put some kind of "electric vehicle" sticker on it too. :mrgreen:

How about the stickers on this i-MiEV?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi-i-MiEV-es-/321873588652?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4af12931ac&item=321873588652

PV1 said:
How about the stickers on this i-MiEV?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi-i-MiEV-es-/321873588652?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4af12931ac&item=321873588652
ROTFL :lol:
Well, that probably works for an all white i-miev like that. Those white stickers could get lost in all that white!

It's been a week now with my new carpool stickers on my car and I really like them. So far, I haven't used them in a carpool lane yet. My regular commute doesn't have any carpool lanes but I do occasionally take one of the bay bridges and that is where I'll save time in a carpool lane plus money on bridge tolls. The benefit I didn't expect is now other drivers take my car seriously. I'm not kidding. People weren't taking my i-miev seriously. For instance, one time while doing the speed limit in the slow lane this guy was tailgating me as if I was this big road hazard out there, following me for a good mile. Another time some guy was flashing his high beams on me while merging onto the freeway but their most common prank was merging onto the freeway out of turn by driving around me using the shoulder (or part of the shoulder) as if I wasn't there or as if I was in one of those slow neighborhood electric golf carts struggling to keep up with traffic (I wasn't). That one was happening a lot, so much so it seemed like every other day.

That has all stopped now with these stickers. They're like a badge that says "this car regularly plys the freeway" since around here, carpool lanes are only on freeway. Or maybe they feel great sympathy for me as if I'm being forced to drive the car just to use the carpool lane. Either way, I'm the one laughing inside when I see these large suvs or pickups driving by getting 10 or 15 mpg. :mrgreen:

Well, I have an HOV sticker (Maryland variety), and they still act like that. :( But I'm not sure it has anything to do with my car -- I figure they're assholes all the time.

wmcbrine said:
Well, I have an HOV sticker (Maryland variety), and they still act like that. :( But I'm not sure it has anything to do with my car -- I figure they're assholes all the time.
Are your stickers as large as these California stickers? How many stickers? It would be hard for me to put 3 of these on a nice new Tesla or a Fisker.

No, ours (just one) is like this:

Nissan_Leaf_HOV_sticker_WAS_2012_0766.jpg

(Sorry, I couldn't find an i-MiEV pic with it.) It's supposed to be placed within a foot of the plate, oddly. I put mine like this, but to the left of the plate.

wmcbrine said:
No, ours (just one) is like this:...
... It's supposed to be placed within a foot of the plate, oddly. I put mine like this, but to the left of the plate.
That sticker is still quite visible but, you never know with some of those knuckheads out there... :(

Back