i-MiEV's a part of National Drive Electric?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenBrown

I'm a city captain in Kalamazoo, Michigan. I've looked at some of the 180 cities across the country holding this event and they list electric cars participating in the Ride/Drive event. So far I haven't found any owners other than myself participating, let along leading the event.

Please tell me its not true...There must be other meev owners out there showing there cars at an event. (btw... you don't have to let people drive your car, just let them ride in it, or even talk about it.)

One of the end goals of our event is to encourage our region to start a DCQC highway that even a meev could use. I figure at that point, Gregg becomes pretty equal to a Tesla for going across the state at the speed limit. ;) More importantly it changes Michigan from a largely range extended state to one with true ev potential... We are aiming at developing the Detroit to Chicago corridor.

So meev's come on out! Whereever you are...

I try to take mine to as many events as I can.

September 12 at the Kohl's in Cranberry township, PA. And yes, I will be offering test rides.

I just registered to take my Meepster to the September 20 NDEW event in Naperville, IL. I even registered to offer test drives in my iMiEV. Looking forward to being part of the process of advocating EVs.

Yup, sure are. We're having a Saturday afternoon EV show on the waterfront in Steilacoom WA on Sept 13th, an all-electric car show at the automobilia-themed classic drive-in hamburger joint in Issaquah WA, and a Sunday full of EV Racing (road course and drag strip) at Pacific Raceways in Kent, WA on Sept 20th. A little later on October 3rd will be an EV show at the Joint Base Lewis-McChord Main Exchange, Net Zero Extravaganza. 1000-1500 HRS

Watts Up.
Houston chapter of EAA is showing cars at the IKEA store on I-10 (Katy Freeway) from 9-12AM on Sept. 20.
We have about 24 cars signed up so far. This is a static display to show/tell people what's happening in the world of electric vehicles.
Our audience is mainly customers coming to shop at the store. We had a good turnout at this same location last year.

We will have our two 2012 i-Mievs at the events in Memphis and Germantown, Tennessee, along with their stablemate our 2011 Chevy Volt! The West Tennessee events are at the The Whole foods store on Poplar Ave and at the new Whole foods store in Germantown. :D

This is cool. Even if Mitsu isn’t talking the meev, we are getting the little car that can out there. I am so encouraged to read about our presence across the continent (uh.. any owners you know of in Mexico?) I will try to take some video of our local event to put on youtube and encourage you to do the same...

Joe, I WISH I could be at your rally... of course to talk Meev, but I’d love to drive a Sparrow again...

Robb... we definitely should talk. Perhaps we could talk and exchange ideas that would help us here develop our Detroit to Chicago DCQC dream...

jray, the hamburger themed event got a lot of hits when I saw the site the other day...

Houston!? I want to know more about how the event goes... my brother lives there. I’ve been trying to get him interested in ev’s.

Ay.... Clear skies on that day to us all..

Ben

Phoenix/Scottsdale area National Electric Drive Week:

Quite a few Leafs, Teslas, 3 or 4 Soul EVs and Volts, our iMiev, several custom conversions, a Solectria truck, and one Fisker and various electric scooters and NEVs. Well attended, but hot.

Dn2qkbi.jpg

NDEW in Cranberry, PA. Weather was 60 F, breezy, and raining.

5 LEAFs
2 Ford C-Max Energi
2 Ford Focus Electric
5 Model S (including a P90D)
2 Chevy Volt
1 Cadillac ELR
1 Mitsubishi i-MiEV (mine)

I'll be making a post soon detailing my driving and charging. Today was a 109.2 mile venture.

A follow up to our AVEQ ( Association Vehicle Electrique du Quebec) event held yesdyteday 12 Sept, Saturday.
Good turn out - the where were many Teslas, 2-3 Souls, many Leafs, many Volts, several I3s, 1 Smart, 2 Sparks , 1 ford Fusion , 1 Miev ( us), 1 C max, & More

250 test rides total in 3 hours

And a whole lot of talking.
:D
We had many interested people asking questions about the Miev and entertained - 3 test rides.
Overall a very good time.

Everyone responded well to the 'Miev. Obviously, the Teslas and the Fisker took center stage. No one was giving rides while I was there, it was just too hot. I actually retired to McDonald's next door for a large tea twice.

I don't think that anyone disputed that from a price/performance view, the 'Miev ranked close to the top. The Smart Car was in the same category.

From a sense of intrigue however, I believe that the Fisker was more or less at the top. Its actually quite a nice looking car and the first I had seen in person. Also, the one Toyota RAV4 was quite nice. I don't think I mentioned that above. The Soul EVs also carried a great deal of interest.

The Phoenix EAA Facebook site has a video from the event that I suggest that folks review.

For those who have participated in NDEW events, are there usually places to charge at these events? The event I'm participating in this weekend is going to be right at the range limit for my Meepster. And I won't be able to make it home if I give any rides.

Mine was within 3 miles of a quick charger, but there wasn't charging available at the event.

No public stations nearby?

Okay, just checked on PlugShare. There appears to be a quick charger at a Nissan dealership within a few blocks of the event venue. How are Nissan dealers with allowing non-Nissan EVs to use their chargers? There are a couple other L2 charging options within a few miles of the venue. So, I should be fine.

Out of 3 dealers I've used, only one had a problem. Call ahead and verify. Make sure to get the name of who you asked.

On a quick charger, an 80% charge takes up to 20 minutes, a full charge up to an hour.

I've never had a problem at any of the Nissan dealers here in Phoenix. Twice I have been invited to take a test drive in a Leaf (and did so) with inquiries about trading in the 'Miev. The test drive and discussion takes just about the time to quick charge and in my opinion well worth it.

Back