Interesting article about the used EV market

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a comment on there, that is actually kind of a first for me. He's worried about the safety of the i-MiEV. That prompted me to watch a lot of crash test videos, and besides one nasty rear-end collision that cracked the battery case, I don't much concern in this area.

I think the Tesla Roadster is one of the very few EVs to have appreciated in the used market, at least for a while anyway. They can be had for about $70,000-$80,000 now.

Quoting the i-MiEV at $5,000 for the low end is a bit low. Has anybody seen one sell for this low?

With the used Nissan leafs starting out at a retail of $6990 on up, I have to guess that Think & MIEV varients probably aren't too far from there in an auction or private party sale.

The party has ended so to say as mericans figure "low" gas prices of nearly $3 means they should buy suburbans and escalades.

Ah well.

The article had many errors, as in "There was no 2015 model year i-MiEV." I believe that was true for 2013, not 2015. Also for used I-Miev prices, I would never sell my 2012 for the prices they suggest.

Dave

The actual model years in the US are 2012, 2014, and 2016. I don't know why they went for 2016 because this is actually still the 2015 model year. Maybe it's to help cover the gap in production?

Back