Posted in August, C-Zero deposit placed today!

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRynners

Well, after mulling it over since the summer and watching various cars come and go I have finally taken the plunge. Low mileage 2011 C-Zero should be here for the weekend as our 3rd car.

Hope I have done the right thing as have had to buy blind, and in view of the post I originally made about the Miev / Ion / CZ being appropriate for our needs - well, I guess we will soon know.

Next step will be trying to make sure our garage can house a charger without major rewiring. Fingers crossed!

Are there many other owner in the UK on here? Found a couple of posters from some time ago.

GRynners, congratulations! If you're like most of us, the EV will soon become your "first car", with the others relegated to occasional longer-distance excursions. Not going to petrol stations is very habit-forming.

misterbleepy said:
Hello from the UK - had my iOn since April 2013.
Whereabouts are you in the UK?

Profile updated - am up in Llandudno, North Wales. Have noticed a Miev in the neighbouring village of Rhos On Sea (maybe someone on here...?!), but not really any other EVs locally. Somewhat limited in terms of charge points, so the big gamble is whether my wife can actually use it for work.

Have someone booked in for charger survey. Out of interest, have people gone for a tethered charger or one without a cable? Am looking at a 32A unit which are being offered free of charge by one of the local renewable energy firms. I know the National Trust sites have 3 and 7 kw chargers locally, assume you need to take your own cable in both cases. Not sure if anyone has experience or advice on these topics?

My home charge unit is a 16A tethered one - in retrospect I should have gone for 32A, but I do plan on keeping this car until it wears out.
I do have a Mennekes to J1772 cable for use with other charge points - was about £200, and I have only used it 2 or 3 times - I don't charge away from home very much, and if I do it tends to be somewhere with a tehered lead charger (the Eden Project) or a Chademo rapid (Hawkins in Hayle) with it's own cabling. I also travel with the 13A Plug EVSE that came with the car in the boot, and 2 homemade blue commando to waterproof 13A socket adapters (16A & 32A sizes).

They're a fairly common sight around here - there's a local garage chain that started selling them for £12k new a couple of years ago, and they do seem to have sold a lot. I see 4 or 5 others regularly just walking around town.
They had a rally a couple of months before we bought ours:

http://www.hawkins.co.uk/Events/Cornwall-Electric-Car-Rally-2013.aspx

Nissan Leafs are pretty rare around here - I think I've seen 2 different ones, and I've only seen other EV's outside of the area (apart from an I3 charging in a carpark under some flats in town - never seen it on the road).

Back