Eaton Level 2 Charger stopped working after 18 months

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickmaz

Anyone else have problems with their Eaton Level 2 charger? If you reset the power to mine, it goes through the normal blinking lights, but after the blue power light comes on steady like it's ready to charge, it then extinguishes after about 5-10 seconds. I've tried to reset buttons mentioned in the manual troubleshooting guide, but no luck yet. Gee!! Luckily most of my driving is short trips, so I got my Mitsubishi Level I charger out of the closet, and am still able to drive, but it sure is slow to charge !!

I'd say contact Eaton immediately. Mine failed after about nine months due to what turned out to be a rather obvious manufacturing defect (and it was equally obvious how it was missed). Eaton was responsive, sending out a replacement charger right quick, but they had to give up on the local contractor/partner because of some dispute over the installation costs, and sent out a different electrician to swap the units and haul the old one away (no expense to me for any of this). Like you, I had a handy outlet to use with the bundled L1 EVSE, so it was not too inconvenient, but this thing wasn't cheap. It's been over a year now and no problems since.

Back