European sister of the i-miev : Peugeot Ion & Citroen C-Zero

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sventchik

Hello to all,

I'm new here at myimiev.com , as I'm owner of a Citroen C-Zero, living in France !
Probably here nobody heard about it, but MMC had a partnership with Peugeot and Citroen, to use the same car (except logo and a few minor esthetic details) in Europe for a wider production range.

So a copy can be a Peugeot Ion or a Citroen C-Zero !

We are "owner" of a Citroen C-Zero since july 2012, in a rental contract of 23 months / 20.000km

Citroen had a big commercial action in summer 2012 :
- for the first 200 owners, a rental of 90 euros per month.
- for the next 300 owners, a rental of 149 euros per month
- last batch of 500 cars, a rental of 199 euros per month

Now, most of those contracts are close to the end, and Citroen propose to extend 4 years more (like a credit) : 48 months at same rate and you become owner of the car !
The luckiest could have a car for 71 x 90 euros = 6390 euros
We will probably sign, and it will be 71 x 149 euros = 10579 euros.

On Peugeot side, they did not propose a rental, but a selling action, also in summer 2012 : 500 cars for 10.500 euros !

That's why, now in some cities in France have several C-Zero & Ion cars on the road ! And I think it's a good thing.
For a little more than 1 euro (let's say 1,5 euro), you can drive 120 kilometers !

All those cars are 67 HP electric cars, and most of them have a 88 cells battery back with 16kwh, just a few Peugeot Ion have a 14,5kwh.
The first cars delivered have a 16 A / 240V charger, but the most received a 10A / 220V charger.

For the colors : mostly white (90%), and then silver grey, black, yellow, plum color.

Confort inside : 4 electrical windows, radio with CD and bluetooth+usb, airconditionning.
Seat are not heated, only optionnal !
Aluminium wheels are standard, no option for winter tyres.... (need to see in the aftermarket, with the Smart parts much cheaper)

Hi Misterbleepy ;)

I'm waiting for a response for Citroen regarding warranty : the original warranty on battery + motor is 5 years / max. 50.000km
As the credit would bring the car to 6 years, there would be 1 year without any warranty....

So I asked the possibility to have a full car warranty (with additionnal payement of course) to get, I don't know, may be 6 or 7 years warranty, including battery....

Yet, still no answer !

sventchik said:
Probably here nobody heard about it, but MMC had a partnership with Peugeot and Citroen, to use the same car (except logo and a few minor esthetic details) in Europe for a wider production range.

Yes, we know ;)

b3b720d4ce46f59f59098c866bd15118o.jpg

Forum euro-members have a few C-Zero's and iOn's

Here we know them as "los trillizos" (the triplets?)

As a long time Peugeot owner (I have owned two 403s, a 404, 405 Mi16, and a 604...as well as riding in the back of a string of 504s in my childhood...) I would have loved to be able to buy an iOn...
Sadly, the only version available here in Australia is the Mitsubishi...
I did briefly consider getting a set of badges sent over though...

Hi, sventchik. Welcome to the forum. Here live a few PSA clones owners.

You lucky french bast....! I ordered Ion in august 2012 when it was on sale for 10.900€ in France, but was too late ;( So I bought C-Zero for 16.100 at local dealer, still good price.

Does anybody heard about coming back on market for 2014 model C-Zero or Ion?

sventchik said:
I'm waiting for a response for Citroen regarding warranty...Yet, still no answer !
They probably wont answer at all. Or at least they sure wouldn't offer any warranty extension. Citroen has one of the worst customer assistance. C-Zero is my 4. Citroen and in most cases they never even bothered to answer any simple question I asked.

One question regarding the "gearbox" command : on the i-miev, you have the P-R-N-D-E-B mode, but on C-Zero & Ion, there are only P-R-N-D.

Does anybody know if it's just a mechanical limit from the plastic cover, or if also there is some electronical change ?
Did any Ion or C-Zero owners try to remove that cover to test ?

Also, another strange thing : the RHD (UK) C-Zero has this E & B mode.... why not the LHD ???
citroen-c-zero_red_7.jpg

update 04th june : found another picture of Citroen C-Zero with E & B mode
Citroen%20Zero%20interior1.JPG

sventchik said:
Does anybody know if it's just a mechanical limit from the plastic cover, or if also there is some electronical change ?
I've been wondering the same thing. Considering the cost saving methods Mitsubishi has done with the i-MiEV, I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a different cover. Why go through the extra expense to design a new switch on the gearbox when just limiting the shifter will do?

There are a few drive mode mappings out there. It's also possible that the LHD C-Zero doesn't have the other modes enabled. Until somebody removes the cover and attempts shifting past 'Drive', we won't know if the drive mode map is different.

What mode does the C-Zero show when in 'Drive'?

Yes, removing the cover and shifting to the other two positions is the easiest way to tell if they are enabled (look at the shift indicator by the charge gauge). Based on the default drive mode, you should see E, C, or B.

If they are disabled, it would probably require a MUT-III to enable them. Not only that, I wonder how the car would handle those drive modes being selected if they are disabled.

Thank you Priusfan !!!

That's exactly what I wanted to do.... Let's try it next week-end !
Could anybody find out the Mitsubishi part number of this cover ? in US and in UK ?

Thanks !

sventchik said:
One question regarding the "gearbox" command : on the i-miev, you have the P-R-N-D-E-B mode, but on C-Zero & Ion, there are only P-R-N-D.

Also, another strange thing : the RHD (UK) C-Zero has this E & B mode.... why not the LHD ???
citroen-c-zero_red_7.jpg

That pic looks to me like a UK Mitsubishi iMiEV with a Citroen steering wheel centre. The trim isn't brown, like it is on all the C-Zeros I have seen, or blue, like the iONs. The radio is a double height unit, rather than the single height clockless one with an orange display on the Peugeots and Citroens. And I don't see the two special buttons for help and emergency either. Finally, none of the UK iONs and C-Zeros I have seen have the extra E & B modes.

It also has the older dashboard. All the C-Zeros and iOns I've seen have the vertical climate knobs, like the US i-MiEVs. 2012 was the first model year for both the vertical knobs and the Euro clones.

This is either a concept or pre-production model. Still, the shifter trick with removing the cover could still work to open up "Drive" (with the low regen level) and either ECO or C.

So I'd manage to get access to the Citroen spare parts software, and here some extract for the dashboard :

RHD (ion UK)
d0c3fea40d.jpg

LHD (c-zero France)
2a178ac7fd.jpg

what does mean " SUP FX" or "SUP FC " or "SUP FL" in the Citroen page ?

And here the same for the gear change, the cover is part Nr 2 :

Ion RHD (UK)
1a4fb4b56e.jpg

Ion LHD
189433d34e.jpg

C-Zero RHD (UK)
71c5a74b67.jpg

C-Zero LHD
2b31a3d64a.jpg

C-Zero with our VIN number
1fa1b93d4f.jpg

So we have 2 kind of cover, but 3 partnumbers....
Peugeot :
Moyenne Moyenne 16 101 083 80
Haute Basse 2461 J2

Citroen :
Moyenne moyenne 2461 J1
Haute Basse 2461 J2

For my car that has only P-R-N-D, it's partnumber 2461 J1 ;)
I will try to put an order on the 2461J2.... let's wait & see if they ask to pay before receiving it....

PV1 said:
It also has the older dashboard. All the C-Zeros and iOns I've seen have the vertical climate knobs, like the US i-MiEVs. 2012 was the first model year for both the vertical knobs and the Euro clones.

The vertical versus horizontal climate knobs is a LHD vs RHD thing - horizontal = RHD, Vertical = LHD

Back