Golden Retriever Fit

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's gonna be a tight squeeze, but I would say "yes". The back seat angle is actually adjustable. As long as the back passengers don't mind sitting a bit more vertical than usual (and having a dog drooling on their head), it should be doable. :lol:

Applewins said:
4 people + a golden? That'll be cozy.
The extra 'heat' in the winter will come in handy . . . . on the other hand, he'll have to hold his breath to keep from fogging up the windows :lol:

For those of you who haven't driven one in the cold yet, keeping the windows defrosted can be a real challenge . . . . it's tough enough with just one person in the car and next to impossible with 4 occupants. We regularly have 4 in the car when we go to Sunday evening dinner and the running joke over the winter has been . . . . "Somebody's not holding their breath!"

Don

Don said:
For those of you who haven't driven one in the cold yet, keeping the windows defrosted can be a real challenge
It's really very simple. Let one or two windows open a little (1 inch is enough) and all frost will disappear in few minutes.

Zelenec said:
Don said:
For those of you who haven't driven one in the cold yet, keeping the windows defrosted can be a real challenge
It's really very simple. Let one or two windows open a little (1 inch is enough) and all frost will disappear in few minutes.
I think how quickly that works (if at all) is pretty dependent on the outside humidity - Rolling down a window or two here where the humidity is frequently above 75% or so doesn't do much if any good. Using the A/C on recirculate works, but it's already colder in the car than we need. Using the defroster with outside air and clicking on the heat just a bit works . . . . if you preheat the car and begin your trip using the defrost with the heater just one click above off will keep it from ever steaming up - It's easier to prevent than it is to deal with after it fogs up

Don

Use the a/c, set air on recirculate, set temp on hot, set fan on high. I know it seems crazy to use the heat and the a/c at the same time, but it's the only way to get the dehumidifier working while not freezing you out. The windows defrost quickly this way so at least you're not running things for very long.

Sure if you don't need to go far, it's most efficient to use AC and heating. But if not, natural ventilation works 100%. Frost is creating when outside temp is much lower than inside one. Human breathing easily increases inside humidity over 100%. So water condensation on cold glass is inevitable. Lowering inside temp and constant air change reduces humidity and cleares windows even when outside humidity is high. It always works for me even if it's raining outside. Of course, warm clothes are mandatory equipment. My trips sometimes exceed 100 miles, so I can't use AC and heating if I don't have time to charge battery for 10 or even more hours befor returning home.

Opening the windows a little is helpful. To avoid rain to fall inside which would defeat the purpose of taking humidity out, I have installed the iMiev windows deflectors and the result is great. A lot less wind comes in and car cools off immediately specially that my model has no AC.

By the way, I can confirm that the part bought in the US does fit EU model. Good to know because the parts in Switzerland was 250 USD and in the US 69.9, even with postage, it was a no brainier...

tonymil said:
Use the a/c, set air on recirculate, set temp on hot, set fan on high. I know it seems crazy to use the heat and the a/c at the same time, but it's the only way to get the dehumidifier working while not freezing you out. The windows defrost quickly this way so at least you're not running things for very long.
Thanks! That makes perfect sense and I'll try it next time

The problem is obviously excess humidity coming from everyone's breath, so using the A/C to dehumidify and the defroster with heat to raise the temperature of the glass above the dew point makes all the sense in the world . . . . plus, I Googled it and the physics department at the University of Illinois agrees with you too :mrgreen:

Don

Don said:
. . . . plus, I Googled it and the physics department at the University of Illinois agrees with you too :mrgreen:

Don

Wow! It's rare anyone agrees with me, much less a physics department of a major university!! :lol:

I tried it the other day when the humidity was really high and we had 4 people in the car (couldn't stop any of them from breathing! ;) ) and running both the A/C and the defroster with the heater engaged did remove the 'fog' from inside the windows very quickly - Good thing, because running them both at the same time gives you a really scary number on the RR meter . . . . but it goes away pretty quickly when you turn everything off

It's an OK solution for shorter trips

Don

Back