gatedad11

Any I Witnesses?

Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:51 am

Recently returned from 5 day trip to Southern California(Basically from San Diego to L.A.) Being that this is the land of the EV, I was expecting to see at least a few I-MiEV's on the roads. Alas, saw not one. Did see quite a few Nissan Leafs, a few Volts, some Smart Car for Two EV;s and even an Active E. Where were the I's? I actually saw an I in a hospital parking lot here in Philly, but not ever again have I seen one on the road. Theses are great little cars, where are they?

Lou

ElectricAvenue

Re: Any I Witnesses?

Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:19 am

My wife says that the invoicing on Mazda and Hyundai have advertising dollars on them while the Mitsubishi ones do not meaning the Manufacturer is not putting money into getting the word out on their product.
"Are we having fun yet?" Reddy Kilowatt (nah ... Zippy the Pin Head)

aarond12

Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:58 pm

Before purchasing my i-MiEV, I never saw a single one on the roads here in Dallas. About a week ago, I saw a white SE and gave him two friendly beeps. I'm sure he was as surprised as me to see another i-MiEV on the road.
2015 Nissan LEAF S

Zelenec

Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:10 pm

In Slovenia only 20 rebranded Is drive arround. I saw one only twice in 6 months at charging stations. Not for sale anymore here.
Tired of smelly garage - switched to EV in 2012!
Zelenec = Greeny, Treehugger, Ecofan
www.mojev.si

gatedad11

Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:29 am

Fuinny that after posting the original topic I saw an "I" on its way into the same Mitsubishi delaership that I was pulling out of. That's the first "live" sighting for me...

Lou

jennrod12

Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:47 am

We saw our first i in the wild a couple weeks ago while we were on a bike ride.

Jenn
2012 Diamond White i-MiEV ES
with green racing stripes and hubcaps (thanks to WeeJohn)
Santa Clara, CA

PV1
Site Moderator

Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:42 pm

Dealer said I'm one of very few, if not the only, i owner around Pittsburgh. The only one I've seen on the road is my own.
"Bear" - 2012 Diamond White Pearl ES with QC - 2/21/2013
Solar-powered since 10/10/2013

"Koorz" - 2012 Cool Silver Metallic ES with QC - 1/5/2015

2017 Bolt EV LT in Orange with QC - 7/31/2017

Driving electric since 2-21-2013.

yellowwaterdog

Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:21 pm

Oh have faith, there are more everyday!!

Remember, there are a lot less Mitsubishi dealers than Nissan/Chevrolet/BMW. i-MiEVs are in pockets around great dealers -- in Bloomington/Normal, IL you see them everywhere!!

My first live sighting was in Seattle Washington -- it was the President of the Seattle EV Association!!

And Stuey and I are rolling around Orange County everyday -- almost 18k to date -- mostly on the 405 in the HOV lane!

peterdambier

Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:41 am

At a meeting of our county council I was told they have seen an "i" in the parking. It turned out it was ours :D

During one of our long distance rides we met our first "i" in the wild at the charger. It was waiting for us to reserve a parking lot in front of the charger because of those ICE bastards who cannot read. It was owned by the company after all.

We have seen 3 others but all were exhibts.
Peter and Karin Dambier, DL2FBA, www.piraten-fraktion-bergstrasse.de

Llecentaur

Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:17 pm

Since 4 months, I have seen one blue Peugeot ion in Geneva, seemed privately owned. Otherwise one of the two renters from Federal Polytechnic university, then the one from my garage !

Swiss French speaking area is way behind the Swiss German area. There is no effort made for EVs which is strange for such environment friendly culture with high respect for nature. If you ask the parking staff, they do not even know they have an EV charging spot and most of time these spots are not in working conditions.

Within 4 months, I have only charged twice outside the house using a maintenance plug in the parking lot of a privately owned hotel.

I would be more than happy to drive to Geneva (60km) if I could count on a charging facility.

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”