First service

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antaris

My wife dropped our I off for the first service yesterday . Last week I phoned Mitsubishi Canada to make sure that the dealer new what they were doing, and that the dealer had the equipment to check the main lithium battery pack. I picked the car up tonight and the maintenance log was not filled out. The dealers copy of the log had "severed maintenance" filled out rather than regular that applies. They also showed no battery info on their photo copied page. I will call them tomorrow but get the idea from talking on the phone that they have not had any training on the Imiev ( we'll just discharge it and recharge in a few hours to check the battery)
Bullshit is not baffling me.

Antaris, that is not encouraging. Did you ever take your iMiEV back for a battery capacity test? If so, would you be kind enough to post the test results? Whereabouts in Canada are you located? How much did they charge you for this experience? What exactly did they do?

They charged 90 bucks of which the cabin air filter was $36.29. So not expensive. For that they even changed my license plate perimeter covers to their dealer name, but forgot to do any paperwork. When I went back to get the book filled out and the invoice printed with the main battery capacity, I was able to ask about the main battery check. Unfortunately the service manager was not willing to give much up. When pressed he did come up with the battery when drained then fully charged should come to 122km of range and mine reached 114 km. He said he had a computer hooked up to monitor each battery but was vague on how the procedure was done.
I could print more but but won't. I think Mitsubishi have made a great electric car. Unfortunatly
the dealership where I purchased changed to Chev and I had to find another dealer to do service. Next year I will not be going to the dealer in Richmond B.C. Canada.

Was quoted $67 for the cabin air filter by dealer not including installation. Anywhere on the web I can purchase a cabin filter, anyone install one of these themselves?

oahumiev said:
Was quoted $67 for the cabin air filter by dealer not including installation. Anywhere on the web I can purchase a cabin filter, anyone install one of these themselves?

How about $11.59 on Amazon? I just ordered one and will report back on fit...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/part-finder/slide-show/2012/Mitsubishi/i-MiEV/ref=au_pf_cr_automotive_L3_CabinAirFilters?ie=UTF8&carId=002&partsNode=15727101&pf_rd_p=1364510422&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_t=1601&pf_rd_i=B006OYFNLM&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0DBY7M7VVPVKZRCE3GTE

jray3 said:
oahumiev said:

How about $11.59 on Amazon? I just ordered one and will report back on fit...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/part-finder/slide-show/2012/Mitsubishi/i-MiEV/ref=au_pf_cr_automotive_L3_CabinAirFilters?ie=UTF8&carId=002&partsNode=15727101&pf_rd_p=1364510422&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_t=1601&pf_rd_i=B006OYFNLM&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0DBY7M7VVPVKZRCE3GTE

Also some basic instructions on how you went about with the install, much appreciated!

Who care's about the price of a filter. Main lithium battery health is the main concern. When you show up at a dealership for your first service, and they don't appear to know what they are doing, one can get a little anxious.

That's kind of the price we pay for being early adopters -- having to deal with dealerships that have little or no idea of how to work on an EV. Sure, they go through training, but until they have a chance to work on several vehicles, they won't have the real-world experience to understand and troubleshoot well.

By the way, I care about the price of the filter. ;) Paying $67 plus installation is WAY too much. My previous car, a Mazda 3, had the same thing. The dealership wanted a boat-load of money to replace the dust filter, so I did what jray3 did and did it myself. Not too difficult in the 3; we'll see about the i.

I'm actually sitting in my Dealers lobby right now. I'll update this and other posts with my info once I complete the maintenance.

Alright, all done and I'm pleased. I didn't get the cabin air filter, they didn't have it in stock anyway.

Here is an album showing the details of the service. It was pretty awesome of them to include a screen shot of the battery diagnostic!
Google Plus Album

Edit. Fixed Link for higher Quality images.

Its a little hard to read the screenshot of the battery test. What did it indicate?

Glad that your dealer at least gave you the screen shot. Mine refused, claiming that the dumbo report was all they have, and I wasted a Benjamin.
Looks like it's charging to 3.955 or 3.965V per cell? That is plenty conservative rather than going all the way up to 4.2, and would make me feel better about not having an 80% charge function.

Way better than the dipshit service manager I had gave me. I hope Mitsubishi Canada looks at these forums!

Just got done with the first "annual" check-up on our Miev. When I called for the appointment, the service guy said to allow 3-4 hours. When I dropped it off, they said about 1/2 hour.

When I picked it up, I received a 27 Point Vehicle Inspection Report. This was a preprinted checklist. I asked about the battery. The service guy said it was fine. He was referring to the 12 V. battery. I asked about the main battery, and he said that it is monitored by internal electronics and not to be concerned.

What a bunch of clowns. My advice is to keep all material provided by the service dept. When the main battery does die or degrade, you will have documents for the court to show how poorly
the dealers are trained and equipped to service it.

At least they didn't charge me anything.

What a shame it comes to this....

psyflyjohn said:
Just got done with the first "annual" check-up on our Miev. When I called for the appointment, the service guy said to allow 3-4 hours. When I dropped it off, they said about 1/2 hour.
-------------
What a shame it comes to this....

Agreed- I'll be keeping a careful file too! At least my dealer kept the car overnight and did a full battery discharge and recharge on their cycler...or they said so. The so-called report would have given me more confidence if it had included actual data written on a napkin in crayon!

Psyflyjohn, the dealer I went to said the same thing initially. Then I guess they checked on what was required to do the first service( mainly check on the main drive battery). They called back and said they would need it for all day and ended up having my car for 1 1/2 days. Discharge and recharge takes give or take 10 hours, probably longer.
The jokers I went to only wanted to give info on the 12 volt battery initially.
I have a mind to contact Misubishi Canada and vent my displeaser.
I think Mitsubishi Japan has built a great car but the North American distributors may not
Be doing such a great job giving out info on the car ( buyers,media, technicians, sales people etc.)

Just had our first service. They had a page that said they put in a new air filter ($39.99 but they didn't charge us), but when I asked for a print out the page they gave me didn't mention that.

All my print out says is:
A. Reprogram the CMU (campaign C1204e)
B. Perform EV-ECU update for Clipper Creek Charger compatibility
C. Check and set tire pressure.

I'm pretty sure they didn't do the battery check, since they didn't have it long enough.

I wonder if JoeS got a battery check?

Jenn

Back