Hilo Hawaii Charging Stations

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickmaz

Here's some info for new EV charging Stations that have recently been installed:

(1) WalMart - There is a new EV Charging Station and parking space right out front that requires a Blink Card. You can get your card at: blinknetwork.com . Depending on the plan you sign up for it costs about $1.50/hr to charge.

(2) Hilo Airport - There are about six EV parking spaces just below the pay booth where you exit the parking lot. Parking is free for EV's. There is also a two-car charging station. The sign says you can only part there for 24 hours. To start charging you must insert the cardboard ticket that the meter provided to you when you entered the parking lot - into what appears to be a credit card reader. (It won't take credit cards contrary to what the sign says). Your cardboard ticket will be marked EV and the time that the charging started. You pay when you give the ticket to the attendant on the way out of the lot. Ummm...it's $7 minimum to charge your car! Also the attendant told me not to hit "cancel" or it would charge you an additional $7. Also she said to make sure the car is positioned on the metal sensor in the parking space or the charger won't function.

Enjoy! Aloha, Rick

Rick,
Thanks for posting.

I've often wondered why there isn't a dedicated topic for "Charging Stations".
There are sights such as Recargo, Chargepoint, Plugshare, 350green, and the US Department of Energy's afdc (Alternative Fuels Data Center) site.

I propose a new forum heading of "Charging Stations" with subtopics of the individual web sites mentioned above. There have been a few members asking for ideas on how we can, as a group, help to promote the i-MiEV (and I suppose the EV movement in general). The new forum might not benefit many existing owners since many have already adopted driving habits that don't require remote charging. But it would serve to promote ownership among those whose last hesitation may still be "range anxiety". If their reseach leads them to this forum and they discover that there are remote charging stations near their location, it may be the final hurdle for them to clear.

Can I get a second on the motion?

Back