Citroen C-zero New owner

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Czero2012

Hi folks I am in UK and recently bought a 2012 Citroen Version of the Mitsubishi I-Miev and i am very very happy with it.

However i noticed on Rapid DC charging it will only charge up to 82% then the vehicle stops the charge.

I know this is how it is meant to be, but i want to know if it can be changed somewhere in the software, so it will allow charge up to 100% on DC rapid charger?

The reason for this is when I rapid charge i have to pay for a full 30 minutes, but as the vehicle stops the charge at 82% i only get between 12 and 20 minutes, I spoke to Ecotricity (who provide the chargers on the motorway) and they say it is safe to allow the charge to continue upto 100%, this is because their pumps will slow down the charge after 80%, therefore will not damage or overheat the battery, but this is something that needs changing on the vehicle software.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
Andrew

Re-plugging the car will take it to 100%, and that last 20% or so will take 30 minutes or more. I've seen my car bypass 80% automatically if it is close (my car went straight to 100% from 77% on one DC charge).

Unfortunately, re-plugging is like starting a new session, so you'll have to pay for two 30-minute sessions. With an extra 10 minutes above 80%, you might get to 90% charge.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anyone has ever successfully changed any of the software on the car which controls anything - There are at least a dozen small things many of us would like to make a change to, but to date I don't think it's happened

Tesla on the other hand, automatically updates the software controlling the car regularly - Owners can request changes and if the company thinks it's a good idea, some owner requested changes have been implemented

Don

Back