Mitsubishi i Battery Pack and Under Hood

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitchell

Here's a shot under the cargo space in the Mitsubishi i
lead5-2012-mitsubishi-i-fd.jpg

A photo of the key fob that comes with the Mitsubishi i that tells you the state of charge of the batter pack. It can pre-heat or pre-cool the Mitsubishi i-miev and set the charging process.
lead9-2012-mitsubishi-i-fd.jpg

And under the hood of the Mitsubishi i - not sure what's under here, but it looks like some batteries and some other normal stuff like windshield washer fluid and the brake master cylinder.
2012-Mitsubishi-Imiev-engine.jpg

Here's another one under the trunk of the Mitsubishi i

imiev_16_0510-lg.jpg

Why does it look different than the one above? Is it production vs pre-production or something?

barryc said:
Here's another one under the trunk of the Mitsubishi i

imiev_16_0510-lg.jpg

Why does it look different than the one above? Is it production vs pre-production or something?

I think you're right. My i looks just like Mitchell's.

The last photo looks like either a early Jspec or a early preprod. The OBC does not look like the ones that are used today. On the photos of the US "i", In the rear, (left to right) the components are the coolant reservior for the EV drive system (goes to the front radiator),then the OBC (on board charger), then the MCU (motor control unit)/inverter, then the brake booster vacuum pump. Avoid touching the orange wires because they are High Voltage.
On the front of the car (left to right) is the the white windshield washer bottle, 12v aux/starter battery, coolant reservior for the HVAC heater, then the brake fluid reservior and ABS hydraulic unit below that. Watch out for sticking your hand in there when charging because the radiator cooling fan comes on automatically.

The 330v battery pack is under the passenger compartment between the front and rear tires.

Below are a couple interesting images showing the 16kWh battery pack. The first image shows the car in ghosting to see where the battery pack is in relationship to the rest of the car. The second image is just the battery pack.

mitsubishi_i-miev_battghost.jpg

mitsubishi-i-miev-electric-car-co02.jpg

Back