iMIEV in "The Dictator" movie....

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evcar

watch this quite funny movie - I'm still smiling....
and at the end there is iMiev's column driving to nuclear factory...
picture there: http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_521843-Mitsubishi-i-MiEV-2011.html

any other movies with i... ?

btw. I'm new to this forum. I'm writing from Poland, and I drive Peugeot iOn - so it's just
rebadged iMIEV :) Bought brand new 2 weeks ago. And we don't have any special discounts from goverment at all for electric cars.....

Cześć evcar, welcome to the forum. Thanks for the link to the iMiEVs photo.
You weren't perhaps influenced by Izabella of EkoMiko? :p
In case you hadn't seen it, here's her English version - we had a good laugh:
http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=506

On a different topic, I'm curious: what is the input voltage range and amperage rating of your Peugeot-supplied power adapter?

:) yes I saw ekomiko on youtube - I found link in this forum ;) pretty funny ;)

on my EVSE there is input 230V and 10A amperage rating. In Poland everybody has 230V and 13A or 16A sockets.

I plan to build my own EVSE using open-evse, here in Poland I can source all needed parts including J1772 plug (for about $130) so I just need to order EVSE board with power supply :) I definitelly need 16A current to speed up charging process.

JoeS said:
Here in the US, the onboard charger limits the input current to about 12.5A at 240vac, even though the EVSE is capable of providing more.

I know one guy who is iMiev owner in Poland also and he told me it limits to 14.4A at 240v - so it is still better to use 16A rather than 13A evse. Mine is anyway 10A :(

evcar said:
I plan to build my own EVSE using open-evse, here in Poland I can source all needed parts including J1772 plug (for about $130) so I just need to order EVSE board with power supply :) I definitelly need 16A current to speed up charging process.
I just finished up building one myself with some help from Chris

His latest firmware is really great. It supports the use of a single front panel switch which can adjust all sorts of things - Especially the charge current. My new EVSE will charge on 120 volts L1 at 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15 and 16 amps and on 240 volts L2 at 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 and 20 amps all with the push of a button (I realize the car isn't capable of 20 amps L2, but the EVSE would do it) I really like the versatility because when used with a timer, just about any number of Kwh's can be put into the car, ending whenever you like

Once I get some pictures taken, I'll start a thread about the new charger

Don

Back