Level II Charging Port Location?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crombie

I should have my Miev in two weeks. My husband is preparing to install the Level II charging system in the garage. From looking at pictures, I am confused about the location of the Level II port. The on-line handbook seems to indicate that the port is on the driver's side and that it is the same port for Level I and Level II. Yet I see some pictures showing a port on the passenger side. I will also have Level III charging capability. Can someone who has a Level II charging station tell me which side of the car the charging port is located.

Level 1 and 2 charging are on the (right rear) passenger side of the vehicle. The release handle is under the dash near the door.
You might want to place the EVSE (charger) near the door of the garage since the charging port is in the back of the car. Otherwise you will be walking back and forth with the charge cable and charging handle as you go to plug it in and unplugging and returning the handle to the charger. Also makes it handy to charge the car when it is parked outside. Just back it up to the garage and run the cord outside.

Level 3 quick charge port is on the drivers side. Release handle is under the drivers seat.

Have fun with your car!!

Back