EVs in Everyday Life

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeS

Staff member
New thread for showing off two or more EVs in one photograph in a conventional everyday parking lot or setting, excluding EV events or EV charging stations. Last week I had a Tesla S in front of my i-MiEV, a Leaf next to me, the Tesla X behind it, but the Fiat 500e got away before I could snap the picture, thus only four EVs. This is a horribly-tight parking lot into which I would never take my Tesla.

4EVsTraderJoes.jpg

I was originally going to make this a competition, but for now let's see what going on around the world...

I don't think anyone is going to top that :lol: .

Best I have right now is the one day I parked next to a BMW i3 at Red Robin.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i2g3q9wcf0tra58/IMG_20141130_153543159.jpg?dl=0

Here's a pic of 70 or so, see the 'Russia' topic also: http://www.automotive-business-review.com/news/mmc-rus-delivers-i-miev-all-electric-vehicles-to-russian-presidential-administration-060913

:D

:mrgreen:

"Trader Joes" - appropriate :)
No photo, but when I flew to Schipol Airport (in the Netehrlands, outskirts of Amsterdam) earlier this year I was shocked (deliberate) to see an almost endless stream of Tesla Model S taxis - they outnumbered the Merc's and Audis by 10 to 1 at least.

Phximiev said:
Here's a pic of 70 or so, see the 'Russia' topic also: http://www.automotive-business-review.com/news/mmc-rus-delivers-i-miev-all-electric-vehicles-to-russian-presidential-administration-060913
:mrgreen:

Thanks- I wonder how much use those cars got after the G20 meeting? Anybody got the pulse of Russian dEVelopments?

I tried by sending an email to the Mitsubishi dealer in Russia. Never heard back from them. (See the Russia topic).

Phximiev said:
Aw, since I was part of the record-breaking Guinness World Record EV rally, I could have posted a photo of >500 BEVs - but this topic's purpose is for everyday life connections of our i-MiEV with other EVs in everyday situations. :|

wmcbrine said:
Do Volts count?...
Even though I have recommended the Volt to a number of single-car owners and we have at least two esteemed members of this forum who own them, (I just deleted what I thought would be an attempt at environmental humor vilifying fossil fuels :mrgreen: ), I'll let you - the members - decide whether the Volt and i3 REx should be included in this thread. I haven't been following PHEVs - are there any others with decent all-electric range and speed?

JoeS said:
Even though I have recommended the Volt to a number of single-car owners and we have at least two esteemed members of this forum who own them, I'll let you - the members - decide whether the Volt and i3 REx should be included in this thread. I haven't been following PHEVs - are there any others with decent all-electric range and speed?

I guess I'll vote ..........."YES" Volt's do count! A Volt is technically a PHEV, but it's possible that a Volt can function as an EV for extended periods of time, if the owner has a short commute and charges up every day. Of course I have a gen1 Volt which is rated for 35 miles EV driving, the gen2 Volt is rated at 53 miles.

iwatson said:
I guess I'll vote ..........."YES" Volt's do count!...
Not an issue at all, as I really do appreciate the functionality of the Volt, especially as the range of the latest one approaches that of our i-MiEV. BTW, we have at least three active members of this forum with Volts. Pity I specifically excluded EV charging stations, as I have a number of photos showing how I was ICEd by Volts :roll: :p :eek: :)

JoeS said:
I was originally going to make this a competition, but for now let's see what going on around the world...
You'd have to weight it somehow to make it fair - Those who live in a city which has 1,000 or more EV's get a multiplication factor of . . . . 1 - Those who live where there isn't another EV within 50 miles or so, get a multiplication factor of . . . . Oh, say 5,000 :lol:

I would have had to photograph your Tesla parked next to my iMiEV to even get the bare minimum qualification photo :mrgreen:

Don

Came across a Smart for 2 Electric today on the road, I was in the center and he was in the right lane. Pretty unusual to see another EV in these parts :D

EVs are really very common around here. Not surprising, since this area evidently has the second highest number of new EVs registered in the state.
http://www.theicct.org/sites/default/files/publications/ICCT_EV_Calif_Cities_201609.pdf
Bet if they took a count of all EVs just in my town we'd be number one!

So I parked next to a Leaf and a Tesla, with another Leaf in the distance, and as I was taking the picture this lady walked up to her Tesla and I mentioned how cool it was that she was parked right next to two other electric cars, to which gave me this totally clueless confused look ... same reaction a little later from the lady Leaf driver. Guess it's either a sign that electric cars have arrived and are so normal as to not even merit a comment ... or they thought some crazy person was trying to chat them up. (Sigh).

TeslaLeafMiev.jpg

A few days ago I had some business over at Google - unbelievable number of EVs and charging stations in their garages! It would be interesting to see their statistics (which I bet they have!). Sorry, forgot to take a photo.

A few weeks ago, I encountered a Spark EV leaving the thrift store as I was coming in. My first confirmed sighting of one of those (lots of Sparks around, but either not EVs, or I couldn't get a good look). Then the other day, there was a Leaf at the grocery store. I saw the same Leaf in roughly the same location a few days later, so it may belong to an employee. I noticed it was from Carmax, so it's a fellow used EV driver. :) No pics though.

At least the parking spaces have double lines.

In addition to my work's Volt and my car, there is now a Cadillac ELR at my workplace. This makes a total of four plug-ins at my work.

Also, this morning, I spotted a black i-MiEV parked along the road. Unfortunately I did not get a picture of it.

Having gone on a cross-country road trip in the hybrid, I thought I'd post our count of plug-ins spotted either going down the road or parked in a parking lot (dealer lots/cars for sale not counted).

Day 1 (Pittsburgh to Topeka, Kansas)
1st Gen Volt - 4
2nd Gen Volt - 1
Tesla Model S - 3
Th!nk City - 1
BMW i3- 1

Day 2 (Topeka, Kansas to Alamosa, Colorado)
Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid - 1
Tesla Model S - 1

Day 3 - No sightings

Day 4 (Alamosa, Colorado to Flagstaff, Arizona)
1st Gen Volt - 1

Day 5 (Flagstaff, Arizona to Bakersfield, California)
1st Gen Volt - 1
2nd Gen Volt - 4
Tesla Model S - 3
Tesla Model X - 4

Day 6 (Bakersfield, California through Seqoia to Fresno, California)
1st Gen Volt - 2
2nd Gen Volt - 3
Tesla Model S - 3
Nissan LEAF -3
Ford Focus Electric - 2
(Not that it counts, but I test drove a Bolt in Bakersfield)

Day 7 (Fresno, California through Silicon Valley/San Francisco to Sacramento, California)
1st Gen Volt - 8 (estimate, lost count)
2nd Gen Volt - 15+ (again, estimate)
Tesla Roadster - 1 (Very Orange in San Francisco)
Tesla Model S - 10+
Tesla Model X - 8 (estimate)
Tesla Model 3 RC - 2 (White and Midnight Silver pulling into Tesla HQ, pix in Model 3 thread.)
Spark EV - 1
Kia Soul EV - 2
VW eGolf - 2
I-MiEV - 1 (3 if I count Joe's...I'll leave that up to you guys.)
Chevy Bolt EV - 3

Day 8 (Sacramento, California to Elko, Nevada, didn't keep track too well)
1st Gen Volt - 1-3
Tesla Model S - 2-5
Tesla Model X - 1 (parked, along with two Model S, at the Dentist's office down the road from the Gigafactory)

Day 9 (Elko, Nevada to Laramie, Wyoming, also didn't track well)
1st Gen Volt - 1-3
Tesla Model S - 1-3

Day 10 (Laramie, Wyoming to Lincoln, Nebraska)
Nissan LEAF - 1 (being dolly towed by a U-Haul)

Day 11 (Lincoln, Nebraska to Normal, Illinois)
1st Gen Volt - 1
2nd Gen Volt - 1
I-MiEV - 4

Day 12 (Normal, Illinois to Pittsburgh, PA)
1st Gen Volt - 2
2nd Gen Volt - 1
Cadillac ELR - 1
Model S - 1
I-MiEV - 1
Nissan LEAF - 3 (1 charging at the hotel)
BMW i3 - 1

Back