2016 Mitsubishi iMiev - Exterior and Interior Walkaround

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the domestic/Euro version - Thankfully, quite different from what we'll see in North America

Don

Don said:
That's the domestic/Euro version - Thankfully, quite different from what we'll see in North America
Oh, I don't know - there have been times that I wished our i-MiEV was skinnier and shorter; besides, with the narrow body the driver can probably rest an elbow on the window sill comfortably. :roll:

JoeS said:
Don said:
Oh, I don't know - there have been times that I wished our i-MiEV was skinnier and shorter; besides, with the narrow body the driver can probably rest an elbow on the window sill comfortably. :roll:
I understand ;)

For a guy who spends as much time driving Corbin Sparrows, the NA version of the iMiEV must seem like driving a Lincoln Town Car to you!! :lol:

It's small enough for me as it is, though I do wish when they widened the car, they changed the spacing on the seats so there's more room between them and less room between the seats and the doors. I suspect the Fed crash requirements precluded that from happening, but oh well . . . .

Don

I wouldn't mind having the LED headlights. Pretty bad when the power needle moves when turning on the high beams. Though I thought all i-MiEVs and clones had vertical climate control knobs from 2012 on :?:

Yeah, the distance to the door armrest is a tad uncomfortable (I completely missed it when first test driving the i-MiEV, nearly hitting my head on the window :lol: ). But on the other hand, the i-MiEV performed better in the side pole crash test than the LEAF. I'll take a bit of discomfort (that I'm now used to) to boost the safety of the car.

I wish they would find a way to improve one of the biggest safety hazards, the blocked vision from the A pillars. I nearly had a collision with a van the other day because I couldn't see him (we both pulled out onto the road from opposite sides, both going the same direction).

Don said:
For a guy who spends as much time driving Corbin Sparrows, the NA version of the iMiEV must seem like driving a Lincoln Town Car to you!! :lol:
:D
PV1 said:
…I wish they would find a way to improve one of the biggest safety hazards, the blocked vision from the A pillars. I nearly had a collision with a van the other day because I couldn't see him (we both pulled out onto the road from opposite sides, both going the same direction).
Yes, NHTSA seems to focus more on crash survival rather than accident prevention, as the sizeable front, side, and rear pillars, and the (expletive) headrests all combine in seriously limiting our outward vision.

Anyway, nice to see that our i-MiEV is still in production and being promoted (at least in Japan).

I really really wish they'd update the instruments with a more conventional analogue display (use the Mirage as a template, just swap tacho for power consumption/regen, and the "eco" indicator with an analogue SOC gauge), simplify/de-clutter the heating/ac controls and borrow the door trim from the Mirage. It would probably save Mitsu money, and would make the interior feel less early noughties. The mirage seats (with 60/40 split) would be a nice easy update too.

Great history of the i-miev.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8KTFeEgX-c&nohtml5=False

Looks like 'Keico' trim as I have.

My 2012 UK model has different bumpers, alloys and no dual projector headlights.

Those alloys have been around since the origins of the ICE 'I' car.

Back