RobertC

Re: Typical Jeep Driver

Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:52 am

I went to lunch yesterday at a restaurant in Atlantic City and parked at the garage next to the restaurant that has six charging stations. When I parked there was a plug-in Prius already charging.

When I came back from lunch there was a new model Chevy Camaro between us. There are no signs saying electric vehicles only, but the garage staff does keep three of the charging station spots coned off (not shown) and has told me before that I may move the cones to park there. I decided to park at an open spot that was easy for me to just back in.

I checked my car for door dings, since the Camaro's single door is as long as two of my doors, but there were no dings.

When I was 18 I had a red 4-speed 1970 Camaro that I could make the tires chirp in all four gears.
I'm betting that new convertible Camaro was an automatic.

”Red” - 2018 Red Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive Tesla Model 3 - 11/27/18
“Blue” - 2018 Kinetic Blue Chevy Bolt Premier with QC - 5/13/18
"Purple" - 2012 Raspberry Metallic ES with QC - 4/10/2013

aarond12

Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:23 pm

Idiots like that is why I keep pre-printed "you're parking in an electric vehicle only spot" notes in my car.
2015 Nissan LEAF S

JoeS
Site Moderator

Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:04 pm

I've noticed the incidence of ICEing going down, but I'm now getting PIPed and VOLTed and Energi'd all the time, to the point that one can no longer rely on charging station availability. When not at a charging station, this occurs frequently - the F150 next to this Honda Pilot was also parked in the Compact parking space at SFO. I backed in so I could get out on the other side - barely, as there was a limo parked there, also in the Compact parking space. The EV charging spots were taken by four Teslas, one of which wasn't even plugged in! :twisted: Love my iMiEV's ability to squeeze into otherwise unusable spots!

EVs: 2 Wht/Blu SE Prem., '13 Tesla MS85, 3 156v CorbinSparrows (2 Li-ion), 24v EcoScoot(LiFePO4)
EV Conv: 156v '86 Ram PU, 144v '65 Saab 96
Hybrids: 48v1kW bike
ICE: '88 Isuzu Trooper. Mothballed: '67 Saab (orig.owner), '76 MBZ L206D RHD RV

PV1
Site Moderator

Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:29 pm

I saw an exceptional driver the other day. Coming up to a red light, regenning lightly as it was uphill, I happened to look in the mirror and see a Jeep coming up on me really quick. I threw it into neutral and pressed the brake pedal to get lights. She realizes that people are stopping for the light and nosedives to stop. Light turns green and we take off, the Jeep lagging behind tremendously. She finally realized the light was green and takes off. She quickly catches us at the next light and same thing, except I was already stopped with brake lights on. Within the next mile of driving (no stoplights), she nearly rear-ends me three more times until I had enough, moved over a lane (to the left lane) and let her around me. After she went around, I moved back over (I don't ride the left lane) and turned on my dashcam. Through the next four lights, she nearly sideswipes several other cars. At the last light, it turns green and several cars go by in the other lane while she's just sitting there. I tapped the horn, she gave me this nasty look in the mirror and takes off. I couldn't catch her after that.

Distracted driving at its finest.

Joe, I've had a box truck park next to me even closer than the Pilot to your i-MiEV. I was driving a Cavalier at the time. Had to crawl in through the passenger side. It wasn't that the spaces were that tight, he was over the line.
:idea: :idea: :idea: :!: :!:

Dropbox maintenance in progress. If any of my links aren't working after November 17, please PM me and let me know which one isn't working.

Thanks.

JoeS
Site Moderator

Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:44 pm

This afternoon I stopped to go into a supermarket at a local shopping center that has recently been completely rebuilt. As part of their newly-constructed parking lot they kindly set aside a group of parking spaces for EVs, and wisely have installed only one charging station (presumably to gauge its use before installing more). In keeping with this thread topic, here's another Jeep - why does it seem they just fall into our laps? You can just see the tip of the nose of my Mitsi on the right):

EVs: 2 Wht/Blu SE Prem., '13 Tesla MS85, 3 156v CorbinSparrows (2 Li-ion), 24v EcoScoot(LiFePO4)
EV Conv: 156v '86 Ram PU, 144v '65 Saab 96
Hybrids: 48v1kW bike
ICE: '88 Isuzu Trooper. Mothballed: '67 Saab (orig.owner), '76 MBZ L206D RHD RV

Return to “iMiev Pictures and Videos”