Doppleganger!

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobbW

So, when we bought our Meepster back in July this year, we had never seen or driven one before. We ended up buying our i-MiEV sight unseen. And since that day, we STILL had never seen another i-MiEV anywhere, EVER! That is, until this past Thursday night.

It was rather serendipitous the way we had our first extra-MiEV encounter. We were over at a friend's house with her family celebrating her birthday. They live right across the street from a Catholic church/school that my wife, Amy, had attended for K-6th grade. A little while after we arrived at the party, Amy spotted a dog running loose through the neighborhood, and it headed towards the church grounds. Ever the animal lovers, Amy and our 7-year-old daughter Maddie decided to chase it down to see if they could return it to the rightful owners. They followed the dog behind one of the church buildings and 30 seconds later came running back yelling at me to come over and take a look at something that I wouldn't believe.

Walking up the driveway leading to the church rectory, I rounded the corner and saw a raspberry metallic i-MiEV, same as mine. I yelled out, “NO WAY!” and immediately ran to get my car. I pulled my car into the church parking lot and parked right next to the other. I HAD to get a picture of the two i-MiEVs next to each other, especially since they were basically identical. I had half a mind to leave my car parked there until the other finally owner came out just to see what their reaction would be. I looked around the church grounds to see if I could find anyone who would know whose car this was. I came up empty-handed. After looking around for the owner for awhile and getting several photos, I decided to go ahead and move my car back to the party.

When we returned to the birthday festivities, the father of the birthday girl informed us that the owner of the other i-MiEV was none other than my wife's music teacher from when she had attended elementary school at that Catholic church! After a quick search online, I found the music teacher's email address and have been in contact with him sharing my photos of the two i-MiEVs together and sharing our experiences about our EVs.

1240395_10201194909449230_1632659371_n.jpg

1011541_10201194909049220_1016704323_n.jpg

1236516_10201194908529207_285719117_n.jpg

1233984_10201194908129197_1701144519_n.jpg

Have you posted the pic anywhere? Let me know if you need help blurring the license plates, if that's what's giving you pause. Google+ has image editing built in and there's also Pixlr.com

Robbw, based on the wheels, it appears that yours is an SE while his is an ES. Still, almost identical.

leec, what's the concern about a license plate number exposed on the Web? I see obscured license plate numbers frequently, but I don't understand the security concern.

Yeah, I know some people have issues with displaying their plates online. I really don't understand why. What can anyone really do with your plate number? It's not like they can steal your identity or anything. And they can't do anything from seeing your plate online that the person driving behind you can't do.

alohart said:
Robbw, based on the wheels, it appears that yours is an SE while his is an ES. Still, almost identical.

leec, what's the concern about a license plate number exposed on the Web? I see obscured license plate numbers frequently, but I don't understand the security concern.
Yes, there's was an ES. What I find interesting from looking at the pics of the two cars next to each other is that mine appears to be shorter. The roofline appears sleeker and not as bulbous. Of course, I know that is just an optical illusion caused by the side window wind deflectors that I installed. Seeing it next to another I-MiEV, I really like the look the deflectors produce!

Back