Mitsubishi i-Miev Interior Shot

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marta

I haven't seen an interior shot of the Mitsubishi i before, and then I came across this:

imiev3.jpg

Looks pretty nice! Some reports are calling the interior of the i-Miev cheap and plasticy (don't remember where or who, but I've read it a few times), and you can't see in the picture, but it sure does look nice inside.

That's a great shot (or rendering I guess).

For bonus points, is this the Mitsubishi i-Miev or the US Mitsubishi i? And how can you tell? :)

My immediate thought would be that it's the US version, as the steering wheel is on the left, and so far the iMiEV is out primarily in countries that are right hand drive.

That is a good point! I hadn't even thought of the steering wheel placement.

I was referring to the hvac controls - the three vertical knobs. In order to make more space in the US only Mitsubishi i, they put those 3 knobs vertical, where as the smaller rest of the world Mitsubishi i-Miev has those 3 knobs horizontal.

i-miev-interior-502.jpg

Now that the Mitsubishi i has actually made it to the country, there are more and more reviews of the Mitsubishi i (US version of the Mitsubishi i-Miev) online, and that of course includes lots of interior pictures and exterior pictures of the Mitsubishi i-Miev.

Mitsubishi i Center Console (US spec Mitsubishi i-Miev)
2012-mitsubishi-i_100365833_m.jpg

Mitsubishi i Passenger Side Dashboard as viewed by driver (US spec Mitsubishi i-Miev)
2012-mitsubishi-i_100365832_m.jpg

Mitsubishi i Rear Seat Space (US spec Mitsubishi i-Miev)
2012-mitsubishi-i_100365831_m.jpg

Mitsubishi i interior view from outside with doors open (US spec Mitsubishi i-Miev)
2012-mitsubishi-i_100365830_m.jpg

Mitsubishi i Front Seat (US spec Mitsubishi i-Miev)
2012-mitsubishi-i_100365829_m.jpg

Mitsubishi i Cargo Space, located above electric motor behing rear seats (US spec Mitsubishi i-Miev)
2012-mitsubishi-i_100365826_m.jpg

I've been unable to find a picture under the hood of the Mitsubishi i (US spec Mitsubishi i-Miev). Does the little hood at the front open, or is it a sealed panel because that's where the driver's feet are? Or is there a little storage space under the hood?

And what about underneath the cargo space? Does that cover lift up to reveal the Mitsubishi i's electric motor?

Here's a picture underneath the rear cargo cover of the Mitsubishi i, it reveals something that looks like some battery pack and the engine controller etc:
lead5-2012-mitsubishi-i-fd.jpg

And as for the hood at the front of the Mitsubish i (which is the US version Mitsubishi i-Miev), there is all sorts of 'normal' things under there, like brake fluid, windshield washer fluid etc.
2012-Mitsubishi-Imiev-engine.jpg

BTW, what is that in the middle of the rear seat? Some sort of strange cup holder? Anybody who's seen the Mitsubishi i-Miev in person, can you answer?

The i-MiEV is a four passenger vehicle. The plastic plate is to deter someone from sitting in the middle. There's also no center seat belt in this vehicle.

JoeS said:
Onto that plastic plate I was thinking of sticking on a large Velcro™ loop patch and using it to hold a cupholder or armrest or storage bin. :roll:

I like. :idea: I'll consult the kids to see what they want back there.

JoeS said:
Onto that plastic plate I was thinking of sticking on a large Velcro™ loop patch

i didn't want to stick something to it so i was thinking of wrapping a large cable tie around it and sticking something to that. Any ideas on what else would work for wrapping.

9956058_orig.jpg

5803059_orig.jpg

Back