New Mitsu Ads to sell Miev

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camiev

Will this ads work in the US and Canada?
What do you think?
I think EV is great for baby boomers. Less maintainance to worry about.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1084074_is-belgian-granny-sex-rap-the-key-to-selling-electric-cars-video

Sells the car as something fun and funky to drive - just what I've always thought of my beloved I-MiEV. Should do more of these kind of ads. Would steer EVs away from some of the controversial issues - I think people get tired of being beaten over the head with environmental and geopolitical issues. If they just think of EVs has something new and fun to drive more people may take to them. Nothing wrong with leading people blindly into doing something good as well.

MLucas said:
Sells the car as something fun and funky to drive - just what I've always thought of my beloved I-MiEV. Should do more of these kind of ads. Would steer EVs away from some of the controversial issues - I think people get tired of being beaten over the head with environmental and geopolitical issues. If they just think of EVs has something new and fun to drive more people may take to them. Nothing wrong with leading people blindly into doing something good as well.
I agree

It's a unique car in more ways than just it's power source though and I think that's probably hurting sales as well

If you gave an engineering student a blank sheet of paper and the task of designing something to carry four adults around town in relative comfort with minimal waste, I think you'd get something very much like our car

Any wasted space means wasted materials and gets you something larger, heavier, less efficient and harder to park than it needs to be. Pull the wheels out to the far corners for the best ride and handling, put as much volume inside where the occupants can make use of it, minimalize the space taken up by the mechanical bits and you automatically get something with a unique shape very close to what we have . . . . but that size and shape is quite different from anything ever sold in North America before and that's going to take some getting used to - Then, if you make it electric with only a 75 mile range, it's REALLY different from anything else on the road here

It will eventually appeal to the practical side of enough intelligent consumers to catch on . . . . if Mitsu doesn't abandon it first - If they do, we'll all have collectors items soon! :D

Don

Don said:
If you gave an engineering student a blank sheet of paper and the task of designing something to carry four adults around town in relative comfort with minimal waste, I think you'd get something very much like our car
+1

I'll add, that our iMiEV is a very capable and quiet highway cruiser as well, with comfort certainly suitable for an hour's drive.

And, if I recall in one of the Mitsu videos, they even did some work to improve its aerodynamics (else we'd have an original Mini).

JoeS said:
I'll add, that our iMiEV is a very capable and quiet highway cruiser as well, with comfort certainly suitable for an hour's drive.

+1 on that! My commute is 95% highway - I can attest to that. I don't understand why some reviews say this car is not happy on the highway? This afternoon I had to squirm my way out of a gaggle of cars on the QEW, that instant torque came in handy. Even at the top (130kmh), my I was pulling strong.

Back