EV "charging station" in POLAND with my iOn parked.

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evcar

Here in Poland "charging station" in Katowice - parking of city council
Parked my iOn.

why in "" ?

parking reserved for disabled people, two spaces - charging station there.
this station needs a card to operate - and this card cannot be obtained anywhere.
this station is there since 2010. No one ever used it.

So this charging station is only for disabled people driving an EV with mystery-card.
And no, its not chademo, its normal 16A 230V.

I tried to send it to press - media.... no luck

ion_charging.jpg

Also a week ago I've sent question to my local city council asking for free parking in city center
for EV cars. I've got an answer:
"sorry, there are so little EV cars - so we don't need to make parking free for them".

In Poland we don't have any federal grants for EV. Complete no benefits of driving an EV.

Sad :(

here same station in KRAKOW (in front of RED POLO - you can zoom in) in Google Street View:

https://mapy.google.pl/maps?q=Al.+P...=_a4smeRiOArvo6R_snKs0g&cbp=12,169.69,,0,1.15

no special parking place, no phone number on charging station, and stupid location.

That is messed up. Its like the city was forced to put them in place but didn't really want anyone to use them. I'm thinking you could almost get your i-On between those red and white poles on the street side and park in the grass. Then you can use the charge station. :shock:

Back