KiwiEV

Re: Kiwi in Slovakia

Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:04 am

Sorry Joe, I completely ignored your question. My apologies. To answer your question, yes I was a little overly conservative as I was scared! One of the biggest problems with driving at reduced speed (90km/h or under) is that the trucks in Slovakia get up very close behind you at flash their lights at you to make you go faster. That happened a few times on the way back and it's a little unsettling. It just makes the experience that much more stressful having a big rig a few feet off your rear fender acting aggressively, but such is driving in eastern Europe. :|

I had a couple of moments where I charged above 80% on that journey but it was always forced, meaning that the car/charger stopped at 80% every time and I had to restart it. It's annoying, because I can chose "95%" on the screen, but it makes no difference; the charger will stop at 80% regardless. I can't say how much the charging cost on this particular trip (long story) but it was quite cheap. ;)

Now, some good news: now that spring has arrived I finally removed my diesel heater!

It feels good to get it out of the car. I have a love-hate relationship with it. I love that it keeps me warm for free (I still have a couple of litres of diesel left!) and that it doesn't impact my car's range... but I don't like the fact it burns diesel.

I know, I know, it's nowhere near as bad as an internal combustion engine, but still... I dunno, I feel dirty.

Don
Site Moderator

Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:12 pm

JoeS wrote:Wonderful that you have a partner who is such a good sport!
I kept thinking the same thing while watching the video. Luckily, I married a gal like that too - She's usually up for just about any of my harebrained schemes. 'Ordinary life' isn't that much fun without a few of these offbeat excursions thrown in, though I'm sure not everyone would agree

Don
2012 iMiEV SE Premium, White
2012 iMiEV SE, White
2014 Ford Transit Connect XLT SWB wagon, 14,000 miles
1994 Miata 60K miles - Soon to be sold
1979 Honda CBX six into six

blackheart

Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:45 am

Watching Kiwi's early videos were also one of the things that 'pushed' me over the edge and get my little miev. Thanks for all of your great videos!!
'Is treading water actually swimming - or just prolonged drowning"

-2012 MItsubishi I-Miev - BlackJack
-1989 GMC Sierra 4x4
-2015 RadRover Emonster bike
-2000 Yamaha Vstar 1100 Classic

EVSEupgrade

KiwiEV

Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:13 am

You're very kind, thank you!

My wife is a saint... most of the time. I think her patience ran out a little on the last trip skiing however. :D

Return to “iMiev Pictures and Videos”