Used Electric Car Dealer

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeS

Staff member
On another thread,
ed5000 said:
The unique thing about this seller (Rose Motorcars) is that they're a used car dealer but, the only thing they sell are used electric vehicles. Something I find refreshing. I've been by there and they have at least 50 electrics for sale of just about any modern make and model.
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/d/2012-mitsubishi-miev-999-down/6670911937.html
ed5000, thanks for pointing out this EV-only dealership. How knowledgeable were the salespeople?

Up in Washington State there had been an EV-only dealer, but I think jray3 said they threw in the towel and diversified. Still too early in history? I still remember back in the early 60's when a neighbor owned one of the first Datsun dealerships and he struggled ... I lost track of him, but the 240Z would have made him well.

Yes, we had an EVO (EV Outlet), but I believe it was a half-measure. When they did have a half-decent assortment of used EVs, the buyer would have to travel across town to the sponsoring Nissan dealer to actually complete their deal, then come back and claim the car! After less than a year of that arrangement, EVO was re-interpreted as "Exotic Vehicle Outlet", propping up a lone BMW i8 with a few Porsches, etc. They claim to be rolling with a changing market, but I see it as ADDled marketing...

The original used EV dealer up here is an independent that has been much more consistent, bringing truckloads of off-lease California EVs for at least four years now. http://www.paramountmotorsnw.com/inventory.asp
However, they seem to have avoided the i-MIEV. I think that with low-priced cars, there just isn't enough margin in the transaction to make it worthwhile for a dealer, new or used, not to mention the risk of a value-oriented buyer taking the cheaper offering rather than the BMW i3 that he came in for...

JoeS said:
... I lost track of him, but the 240Z would have made him well
One of my all time favorite cars - I drove one for about ten years, including the 3 years I spent in Germany running up and down the Autobahn at 90 or 95 ;)

After years of sticking their heads in the sand, the Mississippi legislature has finally recognized that EV's do in fact exist - Not by offering any tax credits is you buy one, mind you . . . . no, they now plan to impose a new tax directly aimed at them because we're not paying our fair share of gasoline tax to keep the roads in good shape!

Don

JoeS said:
On another thread,
ed5000 said:
The unique thing about this seller (Rose Motorcars) is that they're a used car dealer but, the only thing they sell are used electric vehicles. Something I find refreshing. I've been by there and they have at least 50 electrics for sale of just about any modern make and model.
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/d/2012-mitsubishi-miev-999-down/6670911937.html
ed5000, thanks for pointing out this EV-only dealership. How knowledgeable were the salespeople?
I would say the salesman was more knowledgeable than even some new car salesmen that sell electric cars! He certainly had a broader knowledge of more models of electrics anyway. When I spoke to him he was telling me about questions people would ask like how far the cars would go, etc.

Back