2012 iMiev with QC For Sale in Central PA

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danpatgal

We traded in our iMiev for a CMax ... life changes sometimes :(. We loved the car dearly. It now has 33k on it, but didn't show any degradation in range (used QC maybe 10 times over the almost 4 years), new tires just recently (my wife dinged a curb ... and we hadn't decided at that point to sell), so I think it's a steal at the $5800 the dealer is asking (they only gave us $3500 on the trade-in, sadly), so they've put in a bit of fluff to make some profit.

See it here

I just thought I'd put it out here in case some one was interested on this site. It's been a great resource for me over the years and loved lurking, and commenting every once in a while ...

Dan

Thanks for letting us in on the resale of your car. Will you still be listening in here every now and then?

My parents also have a C-Max, the standard hybrid model. Did you get the hybrid or the Energi (plug-in hybrid)?

Hi PV1 ... will probably lurk, I do love this quirky car and could see myself getting one in the future, even if just a "project" car to mess around with. Our Cmax is the standard hybrid. We had considered the Energi for the plug-in capabilities, but the trunk intrusion for cargo and higher price swayed us towards the regular Cmax. It's a bit more refined to drive it than the iMiev, but my wife is already lamenting not being able to pull a u-turn on narrow streets or park in tight spots like she had with the iMiev. Alas, life is full of compromises.

Are you still working on a fleet/EV rental kind of business out in Western PA? - Dan

Yeah, the turning radius is terrible by comparison. That's one thing that bugs me when I drive it. Just yesterday, I did a 3-point on a one-lane road with the i-MiEV :lol: :cool: . But overall, for the style of driving my parents' C-Max is used for, a two-year average of 43.3 MPG is pretty good considering the car's shape (mostly highway driving). I drove it from Pittsburgh to State College and back and got 46 MPG, and that was nearly all highway driving at 60-65 MPH. When we go driving around Somerset on the main roads, getting better than 50 MPG is common.

The "Empower" display on the dash is probably the best to use if you want to use EV mode as much as possible. Unlike the other screens, Empower actually shows you the switchover point from running electric only to running hybrid. Also, turning ECO Cruise off will help with fuel economy and speed stability. When you get into hilly regions, it tends to overshoot the set speed when reaching the top of a hill. With ECO cruise off, it behaves better. For driving around your town, though, turning ECO cruise off probably won't make much of a difference as it gets pretty flat east of Harrisburg. All it does is delay starting the engine when running in EV mode.

Haven't been doing as much as I'd like to with the idea of a rental business, but my friend is dreaming of adding EV sales to his solar business. Of course, right now isn't the best time for EVs with low gas prices, although they are already starting to climb back up. Plus, I don't see people jumping into the current EVs when the 200-mile cars are so close. We'll see what we come up with as far as the rentals.

Back