OMG it's so hard to find a clean miev!!

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prodrive

I been searching......nothing good
over priced, beat up , rusted, dents on the roof.....
Finding a good Miev is become a mission...lol

Where are you located at? Most of the ones I've found were in pretty good shape. Dirty maybe, but nothing a good detailing won't fix.

rkarl89203 said:
This is a joke, right?
I wish it was a joke....
Most of cars that I find here in SoCal are from IL,lease return.
Some have low miles but all of them have rust...(u don't find rust in most of Cali cars)
One of the car that I saw today had dents on the roof but only had 6000miles...

Keep looking. I'm not sure where you're finding these beat up examples, but they're not the usual example of lease returns

I bought an Illinois lease return from a dealer in Indianapolis about 6 months ago - SE Premium Package with less than 4,000 miles. You could not tell it from a new car, inside and out . . . . still *smelled* brand new. I paid $8700 for it, if you're comparison shopping

I've looked at lots of lease returns and my experience is the opposite from yours - Most of them have less than 10,000 miles and nearly all of them look pretty close to new. What a bargain a low miles iMiEV lease return is!

Don

Are you talking about body rust, or rust on the rear axle, shock absorbers, and other frame parts? My car has spent three years in salty central Illinois winters. The body is perfect, and the little rust on the frame welds and bolt heads is nothing to worry about in my opinion. Those parts will far out last our batteries. Put some Navel Jelly on those areas if that rust worries you.

Dave

Thank you guys for all the inputs
Yeah most of them got rust on suspension parts...I'm just not used to buyin car with any rust on them.
I found one from local dealer with 3600miles and it's got navi also for $8000 plus tax.
Not sure this one got quick charging outlet

prodrive said:
I found one from local dealer with 3600miles and it's got navi also for $8000 plus tax.
If it has Navi, then it's an SE Premium and it definitely has QC. Look for the QC door release lever beside the drivers seat, down near the floor

At $8K with 3600 miles and in SoCal, it'll probably be sold when you go back to look again - That's an outstanding price! It was a $35K car 3 years and 3600 miles ago . . . . .

I bought a 2003 Mazda in Chicago several years ago which had the suspension surface rust you're talking about - Nothing to worry about. We've had that car now 4+ years (still has only 70K on the clock) and the rust is no worse now than when we bought it. Any metal under a car which isn't specifically treated with zinc or some other anti-rust compound is going to exhibit some surface rust, especially if it was ever driven in an area where they use chemicals to melt the winter ice. As mentioned earlier, your iMiEV battery will expire long before the surface rust causes you any problem

Don

Don said:
prodrive said:
If it has Navi, then it's an SE Premium and it definitely has QC. Look for the QC door release lever beside the drivers seat, down near the floor

At $8K with 3600 miles and in SoCal, it'll probably be sold when you go back to look again - That's an outstanding price! It was a $35K car 3 years and 3600 miles ago . . . . .

I bought a 2003 Mazda in Chicago several years ago which had the suspension surface rust you're talking about - Nothing to worry about. We've had that car now 4+ years (still has only 70K on the clock) and the rust is no worse now than when we bought it. Any metal under a car which isn't specifically treated with zinc or some other anti-rust compound is going to exhibit some surface rust, especially if it was ever driven in an area where they use chemicals to melt the winter ice. As mentioned earlier, your iMiEV battery will expire long before the surface rust causes you any problem

Don
thank you for all the good info.
im 99% sure about this 2012 SE, but dealer don't have the HVAC remote..........

prodrive said:
im 99% sure about this 2012 SE, but dealer don't have the HVAC remote..........
It would be nice to have . . . . not sure how much you would actually use it though. It's very handy in cold climates to pre-heat the car. We use it probably 10 or 15 times every winter, but if I didn't have it, I wouldn't miss it all that much

If you don't get one with the car, likely you never will. Cost from Mitsu for a replacement is almost $1K and then a trip to the dealer to program the car to talk to it. If you really like this car, I would try to use it as a bargaining chip. Explain to the seller that buying a replacement will cost you $1K and see if he will split the cost with you. That might get you $500 off the $8K price, which would be a *very* good price for that car, IMO

Don

Back