WTB i-miev around $5k-$6k

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billaz

Hey Guys,

Looking to pickup a I-miev for around 5-6 thousand. Just need something basic to get me to and from work. Also have a Leaf, but the wife has staked a pretty serious claim on it. So any suggestions? Not much available on cars.com, craigslist, eBay.... Are there any other auction sites I am missing? Or perhaps a a dealer that is known for selling these cars at a decent price. I am in phoenix, so I imagine ill be traveling at least to CA to find one.

Thanks,
Bill

There is a Raspberry i-MiEV for sale on this forum. It's in NY, though.

http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2788

Where in Arizona? If you're near Phoenix, I would suggest calling Mark Mitsubishi. They occasionally sell a used iMiev and might help.

If you buy one, send us a message on this forum as we know of several of other iMiev owners in the Phoenix area.

Hey phxmiev!

I do live in the Phoenix area, but haven't really seen much inventory over there (new or used) at MM. I will reach out to them to see if there is possibly something I am just not seeing online. It would be great to test drive one before purchasing as well, which is the downside to buying one too far away. If I fly out to see it in person, it can very quickly diminish any savings.

Bill

If you try AutoTrader and sort by price (starting with lowest) you'll see what's available from dealers nationwide. I see the prices have gone up in the last few months, as the cheapest I see today is $6.5K (an SE in Minnesota), with a couple of ESs for $6.7K in Southern California.

You might start searching Craig's Lists of maybe eBay, as it's a better deal for both you and the seller to avoid a dealer's markup. I got my second i-MiEV that way, but it was a fluke.

If you can figure out how to get a foot in the door of used car auctions, that's where the bargains are...

Billaz, if you get an i-MiEV and you let your wife drive it a bit you may end up driving the Leaf :roll:

Yeah I just saw one pop up on eBay, but it looks to be the same one that other people on the forum have seen before. I think this dealer may be wanting a little bit more than what it's worth. But maybe I can try reaching out to the California dealerships. That would be close enough for me to tow back myself. Saves some traveling fees. Otherwise I am striking out when trying to find one private party.

JoeS. I doubt the wife would have any desire to switch into the Mitsubishi. The leaf has a larger motor, larger range, more seating, keyless entry, xm, Bose, all-around view camera, and it's her favorite color (blue). But the price of the I-miev definitely makes it a good option for me. :)

Bill

Billaz, be sure to read up on the features to look for in a used i-MiEV: http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2435
Of significance is getting a Remote with the i-MiEV (they came with all models, no matter what the salesperson says), as a missing Remote devalues the car by $1,000.

If you can find an i-MiEV on a non-Mitsu dealer's lot (especially if they took it in trade) you may have good bargaining power as all they want to do is get rid of this strange vehicle.

Billaz said:
JoeS. I doubt the wife would have any desire to switch into the Mitsubishi. The leaf has a larger motor, larger range, more seating, keyless entry, xm, Bose, all-around view camera, and it's her favorite color (blue)...
I guess I'm lucky, as all those features are meaningless to my wife (except maybe the color). What counts for my wife are small exterior dimensions, tight turning radius (ease of parking), and good all-round visibility - and she often comments at how much 'fun' the i-MiEV is to drive compared to her parents' Prius. Whenever we've ridden in our friends' Leaf we both comment later as to our preference for our i-MiEV.

I would also suggest calling the Scottsdale dealership for MM (they have two locations). I spoke to them several weeks ago about the 2016 they had their during the summer and they sold it. I believe that they are ordering a new one for inventory. Hence, the suggestion to call them.

Given the mileage, this Craigslist ad, for what looks like an SE, could be a deal:

http://cnj.craigslist.org/ctd/5229157315.html

That looks like a great deal, as long as there's nothing wrong with the car.

It's a 2012 SE with the Premium Package (backup cam, quick charge, nav, etc.)

That one's a really RARE bird - I'd snap it up in a hurry . . . . cruise control and tilt wheel in a 2012 iMiEV!! Very desirable (and rare) features :lol:

Don

Did anyone notice the illuminated tire pressure monitor light on the dash?
Must be the limited edition SE model to get a tilt steering wheel!!

Back