2014 i-MiEV

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent deal!

Some of us who bought new 2 years ago paid $8k to $10K more than you did and you got a better equipped car than we did

This car will change the way you think about cars and you'll be surprised a couple months from now about how much you love driving it!

Don

Don said:
Excellent deal!

Some of us who bought new 2 years ago paid $8k to $10K more than you did and you got a better equipped car than we did

This car will change the way you think about cars and you'll be surprised a couple months from now about how much you love driving it!

Don

Don,

I really like the i-MiEV and so does my wife. I wish more people would embrace these types of vehicles.

Cacti

Congrats, I paid 23 even. Did the deal via text message which very easy. Curious, were there any more in the lot? What color? I got a blue one, only USB installed no other options. This was one of two in AZ both blue.

Doogieca said:
Congrats, I paid 23 even. Did the deal via text message which very easy. Curious, were there any more in the lot? What color? I got a blue one, only USB installed no other options. This was one of two in AZ both blue.

Doogieca,

This was the only 2014 i-MiEV on the lot. I too got blue and there was no USB installed. I asked the dealer if they were going to order more and he stated yes. They did have used 2012 i-MiEV and the dealer stated they used it for test drives and coffee runs.

Cacti

Interesting, my dealer said they wouldn't have any more for at least 60 days. It didn't sound like they get much choice on these. They had only sold less than 10 for the entire life of the I-Miev. That led to a lot of self education on my part.

So far I love it and have been driving constantly, I took my CT200h out today for the first time in a week. Looking forward to not going to Costco for gas every week. Not sure how long I can go without upgrading the sound system, no Bluetooth is a PITA.

Curios to hear how you are getting on.

Doogieca said:
Interesting, my dealer said they wouldn't have any more for at least 60 days. It didn't sound like they get much choice on these. They had only sold less than 10 for the entire life of the I-Miev. That led to a lot of self education on my part.

So far I love it and have been driving constantly, I took my CT200h out today for the first time in a week. Looking forward to not going to Costco for gas every week. Not sure how long I can go without upgrading the sound system, no Bluetooth is a PITA.

Curios to hear how you are getting on.

Doogieca,

I don't use the radio or have a need for Bluetooth so this car is perfect for me. I like the simplicity of the vehicle. I have a 100 plus mile (one way, stay in hotel while at work) drive to work so I can not drive the i-MiEV. For the first 7-day's we have averaged 30.77 miles per day, perfect for this car. Just a great vehicle yet the general public seems not to embrace these types of vehicles? Very happy with the vehicle.

I will check the dealership's web site to see when they have another vehicle available but from what I have seen in my area the dealer's only stock one i-MiEV on their lot, not sure if this is because Mitsubishi limits their shipments or if the dealer's are reluctant to order in quantity for fear of having them sit on their lots.

Cacti

. . . . but, I thought ALL 2014's came with the alloy wheels???

Nice color! I LOVE the BLUE!!

Don

The
PV1 said:
Couldn't get it fixed, could they? :lol:

Full recount here
http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2144&p=17802#p17802

@ Don
As Canadians we get the wrong end of the stick.
Still trying to figure out why

Our reduced price is $ 28k + 1,900 Transport & Dealer prep
Before government grants, $ 8K applicable after taxes on full amount

Improvements over the 2012 ES I found were

Relocated driver heated seat switch to left side
Front passenger heated seat & switch
Charge port courtesy light
2 stage 120v portable EVSE
Rear door speakers

By the seat of the pants evaluation - the suspension seems do be smoother and handles the smaller bumps much better. -They may have changed the springs or rates.

And the new color of course!

Forgot to mention

Our Mitsu Sales rep set a personal best the day we pick up our 2014 Miev.
He delivered three Mievs in total that day!

I'm debating a swap of my 2012 for a 2014 ... if I can get one to me in PA. There is this one in Chicago: Blue iMiev for $20,598. With $7,500 tax credit, $2k PA rebate, and $1k loyalty + veteran cash, brings the price to $10,000 + tax/fees. If I can get $11k for my trade in, it seems like for almost no cost (and a little bit of paperwork hassle), we'd get:

Better (bum + back) heated seat in front, plus same for front passenger
Leather wrapped steering wheel/shifter
Daytime running lights and fog lights (not sure if they're separate)
Lighted charge port
Aluminum wheels (lighter and sportier looking)
Switchable 8/12 Amp portable charge cord (EVSE)
New tires, warranty, battery ....

Anybody else thinking about this (don't steal my idea :p )?

So far the dealer(s) don't seem terribly keen on making this happen for me (maybe shipping it eats into too much of the profit) and/or they'd rather sell me something else. I would think, however, they've got to be making some money on the deal and I'm sure they don't want these 2014s sitting on the lot into 2015.

I've thought about it, but I've got too much into my current i-MiEV (custom lights, OVMS installation, etc.).

Maybe as an addition, though I'd probably get a used '12, since they're a lot cheaper.

danpatgal said:
I'm debating a swap of my 2012 for a 2014 ...

Yep, I did that in May 2013 (traded a 2012 ES on a 2012 SE Premium) after they dropped the price by 10k and offered 0% APR, which is still available.
http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1580

It's definitely expanded my horizons to have CHAdeMO (annual mileage of 15,343 on the first car and 19,528 on the second), and the economics were quite nice too. By rolling everything into a new loan at 0%, including the tax credit, it helped cash flow a lot last year, but also imposed discipline, because I'm ridiculously upside down on MR BEAN for the next 3 years and will not be tempted by any EV-come-latelys!

Too bad the used EV market is so depressed by crazy LEAF leases. Though it felt low, I was lucky to get $12k on my trade as now the Blue book is saying $9000-$9600 for the same car.

edit- Hmmm, the trade in on MR BEAN is $9600-$10,300 at 30k miles.
2014 Mitsubishi i-MiEV ES MSRP $22,995
Potential Net Cost:$5,500
That would be a net capital cost of $0.183 per mile for the last 18 months of new-car smell.
AAA claimed an average of $0.128 per mile as depreciation in 2013 on an average small sedan driven 20k per year.
http://exchange.aaa.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/your-driving-costs-2013.pdf
So in that scenario, I'd be 5.5 cents/mile worse than 'average', or incur an i-MiEV extra depreciation penalty of $1650, call it $100/month.
And the new ones come in blue!
At least it'll be an interesting conversation at tonight's dinner table... :twisted: :roll:

Also, while scheduling the "rusty bolt" service appointment, my dealer confirmed that there will be a 2015 i-MiEV. Was a bit surprised by that, and it adds some incentive for deeper discounts on 2014 models.

Had my 2012 I-MiEV SE appraised at www.carmax.com and it came to $9,000. I sold it to them for that price. Purchased a 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage ES with CVT. More about this later in a new thread. Posted here for information on the buying (and selling) I-MiEV's.

Sales figures for December and all of 2014 are in. 12 i were sold in December for a total of 196 units for all of 2014. In 2012 the total was 588 and for 2013 1,029. Add in the 80 units sold in 2011 and the total sold in the USA since introduction is 1,893. By contrast, the Leaf sold 3,102 in December 2014.

The two closest miev certified dealers to me have not had any mievs available for the majority of the year and no plans to have any in inventory. No answer if this is because they can not get any, or if they no longer want it in inventory.

Archie

That's pretty sad that the i-MiEV was outsold by the Tesla Roadster. When you have dealers burned by stagnant inventory, no advertising, and the car "de-prioritized" from the top, that's usually what happens.

On the plus side, a 2015 model was announced with a nice list of upgrades (including regen brake lights) outside of NA, and Mitsubishi does have a deal with Peugeot Citroen for 100,000(?) units, so the i-MiEV seems to live on.

It would be great if Yuasa could open another line and increase battery production further so they can make more than a handful of i-MiEVs without affecting Outlander PHEV production, and get a marketing department that can actually market the car. They could take some cues from Nissan. The LEAF brochure really sells the car.

Back