2013 iMiEV

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems to be the same except for the heated front passenger seat and the renaming of the Premium to the SE. Nice to see they are continuing with a second model year, hopefully they can sell a few more than last year.

I hope the Americans get the heated passenger seat. That would be a real plus, as it saves a lot of cabin heating, and I imagine i-MiEVs don't often carry rear passengers. I've been looking into a heated passenger seat cover to plug into the 12v outlet and hopefully accomplish something similar on the cheap (reviews are decidedly mixed, especially regarding durability). I've always considered this a peculiar oversight, especially given the relatively low cost.

I was trying to figure out what had happened to CHAdeMO (how could they lose that?), then was reminded late in the article - all Canadian i-MiEVs have the DC QuickCharge. I realize that's a mixed bag for U.S. buyers, who generally don't have CHAdeMO chargers in their area and don't have the option of the lower-capacity but quick-charge-friendly Toshiba SCiBs offered in Japan. Nonetheless, I wish Nissan would make this standard in U.S., as it doesn't look like we're going to get enough i-MiEVs on the road to matter much to folks planning commercial charger installations.

alohart said:
I think that the 2013 switchable 8/12 amp charging cable is a notable change.
Wow - I hadn't realized they did this. You're right, this is HUGE, and I'd hope it's coming to U.S. models as well. The difference between full-charging in 14 hours vs. 22 hours could well determine whether or not potential buyers need to shell out for an overpriced Level 2 EVSE. Many cars can count on 12-14 hours of garage time after their daily commute, obviously not 22, so longer-distance commutes without job-site charging would become practical even without a Level 2 charger at home. It's also worth noting that the i-MiEV's greater energy efficiency plays a role here, since it needs less charge time per mile than competitors.

???

Our C-Zero come with a 220V/16A personal charger
We have a dedicated 32A electric line in the garage, wich never get warm during a charge.

Full charge : 6 Hours
Most of time we plug it 2 or 3 hours a day, and that's enough !

Back