JoeS
Site Moderator

Re: help with used purchase

Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:59 am

paxfamilia, I just sent you a PM. One word of caution: just because there is a small access door on the driver's side of the car on the aft rear quarter, doesn't mean it has DCQC. There are two ways to tell if an i-MiEV has CHAdeMO:

1. There is a small lever on the left side at the bottom of the driver's side seat rail which opens that access port
2. Enter the VIN into Mitsubishi's website and it will show the Monroney label information telling you what options the car came with when it was first sold

For more information on the i-MiEV variants, see this thread -

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3228

Good luck, and good for you doing your homework!
EVs: 2 Wht/Blu SE Prem., '13 Tesla MS85, 3 156v CorbinSparrows (2 Li-ion), 24v EcoScoot(LiFePO4)
EV Conv: 156v '86 Ram PU, 144v '65 Saab 96
Hybrids: 48v1kW bike
ICE: '88 Isuzu Trooper. Mothballed: '67 Saab (orig.owner), '76 MBZ L206D RHD RV

Don
Site Moderator

Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:02 pm

Here's a used SE Premium with all the bells and whistles, 20,000 miles $6,500 from a private seller - You never know, he might take $6K for it. Quite a ways from you, but if you have a way to get it home . . . . . .

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/deta ... /overview/

Don
2012 iMiEV SE Premium, White
2012 iMiEV SE, White
2017 Chevy Volt Premier
2014 Ford Transit Connect XLT SWB wagon, 14,000 miles
1979 Honda CBX six into six

paxfamilia

Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:07 pm

Thanks again for the input, Don! And for the trim level information. I thought it was higher because it has the DC charging port. It's for a teenager, so not too concerned with features, jut want a good one with appropriate price.

kiev

Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:16 pm

The remote is handy in winter time to preheat the cabin while still connected to the charging port, especially if the commute is long and you need to put the pack energy into miles instead of hot air.

It sounds like they both have good packs, if you were to test drive them both from full down to 8 bars (RR will be 30 or higher) while driving economy mode, i.e. keep the red power needle in the green or below straight up, then recharge to full--then i expect that they would both read RR in the 70's.

They are a blast to drive, the torque and acceleration are so much fun--it never gets old to blow away ICE cars off the light...
kiev = kenny's innovative electric vehicle

paxfamilia

Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:17 pm

Ok, so since both cars under consideration recharged to 16 bars, that's good, now just test drive them for awhile and watch the bars and range, especially with heat or a/c?

So why did the purple only give 53 miles with full re-charge? Is that just more indicative of the previous driver's habits in the recent past? (The white one gave 62 miles with full re-charge.)

kiev

Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:11 pm

Yes that is it exactly, based upon the energy used in the most recent previous ~15 miles, this is an estimate of how far you could travel at that energy rate, and it is a moving average also. So If you conserve dramatically by coasting or a light foot on the pedal, you can fake it out and slow down the decay rate of the RR to where you might drive 2 miles, but the RR only drops 1.

RR is only an estimate of the future based upon the recent past.
kiev = kenny's innovative electric vehicle

Return to “Buying/Leasing the iMiev”