radio problem???

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjpod

I've had my car about a month, and today, while driving to work, I went to put the radio on and nothing happened. The clock was out too. No amount of pushing buttons would turn it on. I stopped to pick up coffee and turned the car off for a few seconds and turned it back on...still nothing. Went into the store and got coffee and came back about 10 minutes later. Started the car and the radio was on. Seems to be ok now. Anybody else?

Which Radio do you have? Non-navi or navi?

1. check to see if the IOD (ignition off draw) fuse is fully inserted and locked down. It is located in the interior fuse box above where your left foot rests, looks like a yellow square ring with two fuses in it.

If the IOD is good then step two.

2. Tap on the radio with the heel of your fist and see if the radio cuts out, if it does then maybe a loose connector on the back of the radio or a internal electrical concern. May be covered under warranty. Chk with dealer 1st.

iMiEV808 said:
Which Radio do you have? Non-navi or navi?

1. check to see if the IOD (ignition off draw) fuse is fully inserted and locked down. It is located in the interior fuse box above where your left foot rests, looks like a yellow square ring with two fuses in it.

If the IOD is good then step two.

2. Tap on the radio with the heel of your fist and see if the radio cuts out, if it does then maybe a loose connector on the back of the radio or a internal electrical concern. May be covered under warranty. Chk with dealer 1st.

I have the plain, non-navi radio. I will check those things. thanks.

Back