CaniOn Altitude Feature

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeS

Staff member
I love the new CaniOn display programmability as I can now show my favorite paramaters in a nice large (very readable) font. On longer trips, my goal is to keep my numeric measure of efficiency below the very nice round number of 100Wh/km (161Wh/mi). We all know that the main contributors to efficiency are vehicle speed, changes in altitude, wind direction and speed, and road surface (dry, wet, snow), in addition to driving style (acceleration/deceleration).

CaniOn displays Altitude, and it provides us with a manual Altitude offset feature which (I think) needs to be re-entered each time the Android tablet gets turned on.

What I'd like to focus on is changes of altitude, as on any given trip my altitude can range from zero to 2000 ft (600m). What I am interested in is diplaying the net altitude change during any given trip from the point I hit the RESET on CaniOn.

I realize it is probably very simple, but could someone lead me by the hand as to the exact steps I need to go through to show this?

Thank you.

As an aside, a few weeks ago I gave a passenger apoplexy as on a 50+ mile trip when we had reached the summit (before then descending to sea level) the RR showed something like 10 miles and the GPS showed that we still had 20 miles to go! :twisted: When I subsequently fully charged the car at sea level I had RR=89, not too shabby.

Back