USB Play used to RESUME, now ALWAYS goes back to #1 WHY ??

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevenslough

I hope I am not dreaming, but for the first 3+ years of ownership, enjoying my music from home, on the USB player, it seemed that if I was playing a certain track of a symphony, or what ever, and I turned off the car, and came back, that it
would RESUME play where I had left off.

Now it always goes back to Track # 1 no matter what, and it is very irritating.

I have read page 7-32 in the Multi-Communication System manual over and over again, but can not seem to find how
to re-set.

Am I dreaming ? Did it ever work as I describe in paragraph One ?

My 2012 SE does resume as you said.

Check the setting of the mode switch whether you are playing back out of usb or hard drive memory--it may have copied from usb to HD and is playing from the beginning out of HD, or maybe it is playing from beginning out of usb .

Are you playing songs from the plug in thumb drive or are they downloaded to the MMCS? Are they in directories or is everything in the root directory? Have you changed anything about the way you load or store music since the last time it was working correctly?

We play everything from the thumb drive in both of our cars and always from the root directory - You can use different directories to keep your music selections separate, but we've never done this. One car has the MMCS and the other one doesn't. Both of them resume exactly where they were when we shut off the car . . . . right in the middle of the track no less

Don

Or you may have blown a fuse for the MMCS/radio such that it is not being maintained with 12 V all the time--don't have time to look it up right now...

Yes, check the fuses. Both of my cars have had these come loose and shut off the radio. There are two fuses, a 10 and a 15 amp, both in a square piece of yellow plastic. The fuse panel is in the driver's footwell, right above the footrest on the left side. Simply push both fuses in.

Back