Can't Connect Remote ?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbui19

hi folks,

I've exhausted the "search" on the forum so I am posting for help. No matter what I've tried, the Remote always blinks the dreaded "error", even if I am right next to the car. I've tried waiting the 10-sec and push on again. It's as if the iMiev is not responding.

suggestion ? this remote has never been used.

thanks, Paul

Did you buy the car new and this is the original remote? If it is, you need to see the dealer and see if It is communicating with the receiver. The antenna for the receiver is in the little quarter window in the "A" pillar on the passenger side. I know a replacement remote is a pain (if even possible) to program for a different car.

pbui19 said:
...I've exhausted the "search" on the forum so I am posting for help. No matter what I've tried, the Remote always blinks the dreaded "error", even if I am right next to the car. I've tried waiting the 10-sec and push on again. It's as if the iMiev is not responding...
Hey Paul,

First question: when you turn ON the Remote (by pushing the upper button), does it show you the charge level?

If it doesn't, go to the dealer.

If it does, then I bet your problem is that you're using L2 (240vac). Have you tried it with L1 (120vac)?

I have that problem with both my SPX Xpress as well as my EVSEUpgraded EVSEs using L2. They both work just fine using L1. Even though I once thought I had it sussed out for time delay before pushing that button, I'm no longer sure and just keep jabbing the button until it works. Sometimes it takes four or five attempts, but eventually it 'takes'.

Mitsubishi has never addressed this issue and, unfortunately, the Clipper Creek recall didn't fix the problem either.

Assuming everything is in order as the others have mentioned above, there is one more thing. It kept me stymied for a few months, and it is simple.

When you turn the remote on, you must hold the power button until you hear the beep which can take 2 or 3 seconds, but when you give the command, you should only press the button momentarily, for one second and release. The beep will sound about 2 seconds later.

Give this a try.

Have the car plugged into level 1 and charging. Stand right next to the passenger sail window (right front corner glass) with the antenna extended on the remote. Hold the power button for 2 seconds. You should get a set of ascending tones, followed by descending tones and the battery icon should display.

If it won't communicate and only returns Error after the ascending tones, the remote may not be programmed to the car, or the module in the car is unplugged.

hi all, thanks for the responses. I've only tried with level 1, and next to passenger sail window. There is also no descending tone, actually like 3 upward bleeps, then the whole screen flashes, then just "error".

It sounds like a trip to the dealer, it's not making contact.

-Paul

Back