fan noise

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZsoZso

I wonder if any other iMiev drivers are bothered by the fan noise ?
Not talking about the loud noise at high speed of the fan, that's kind of par for the course -- unavoidable feature of the fan technology. I mean the annoying high-pitched whirring noise you can hear even at the lowest speed of the fan (only stops when the fan is off). This is not too loud, so you can suppress it by turning on the music loud enough. However, it is ironical, that you can hear it more than the actual engine noise if you have the radio turned off.

I wonder if its only my car that has a fan with a bad bearing or is it the same for others too ?

Oh, and of course, I am talking about the heat/AC fan for the cabin, not the battery cooling fan.

Our climate fan is quiet too - The only real 'noise' is the motor/inverter coolant system when it kicks on. Far and away the loudest thing in the car is the noise of the tires on the pavement

Don

Sorry for bringing this back to life .... just got a c-zero ...

And that hight pitched whine is driving me crazy - I have tinnitus - and its like that noise makes it even worse...

So have anyone found a solution ?? could the unit be insulated or the motors exchanged ...

I seriously cant take it - even with music on the noise is audible ...

Back