wmcbrine

Re: Canion

Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:52 pm

PV1 wrote:I still can't understand why the FCC put Bluetooth and WiFi so close together in the spectrum.

The only thing the FCC did was to allow that band to be used by unlicensed devices.

PV1
Site Moderator

Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:14 pm

That's right. :oops: I take that back. Still, there are some interference issues with the two.
"Bear" - 2012 Diamond White Pearl ES with QC - 2/21/2013
Solar-powered since 10/10/2013

"Koorz" - 2012 Cool Silver Metallic ES with QC - 1/5/2015

2017 Bolt EV LT in Orange with QC - 7/31/2017

Driving electric since 2-21-2013.

ICEM4N

Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:59 am

I have an android radio and use obdlink mx wifi works with no problem.

One question to Xavier..... It's possible to send a sms or. Email when the car stops charging? Even if we need to use a Sim card ou Internet on the car to send that message?

For example I can't use remote car view because my wifi is occupied with obdlink wifi.... So a sms ou mail was great to everyone....

http://i.imgur.com/L6CA4dR.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uvkuFPo.jpg

Bitaro

Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:54 am

ICEM4N wrote:I have an android radio and use obdlink mx wifi works with no problem.

One question to Xavier..... It's possible to send a sms or. Email when the car stops charging? Even if we need to use a Sim card ou Internet on the car to send that message?

For example I can't use remote car view because my wifi is occupied with obdlink wifi.... So a sms ou mail was great to everyone....

That idea is great
With the option to recebe sms when the charge is interrupeted or full the usual problems we have in public chagers are gone.
Simply great
Please consider this

Fil

Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:43 am

Bitaro wrote:
ICEM4N wrote:I have an android radio and use obdlink mx wifi works with no problem.

That idea is great
With the option to recebe sms when the charge is interrupeted or full the usual problems we have in public chagers are gone.
Simply great
Please consider this

I have the same opinion about this. It's a great feature to have. Whithout this, it's a game of fate. We never know if the car stop charging...

Excelent idea guys!

Phximiev

Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:13 pm

Ok, I did get an older Nexus 7 for $25 off of Craigslist and an OBDlink MX, hooked it up, paired it, and it worked. However, there are a number of measures that don't seem to be working. Hopefully, I can resolve my questions if there is a user's manual for the app, which I can't seem to find.

Is there a manual for this app and if so, where do I find it?

Any ideas on what brackets to use to mount the Nexus 7 in the 'Miev?

On the Android level, is there an easier way to print a screen other than by pushing the power and lower volume buttons? (I am coming from a Mac background).

In terms of tracking battery degradation over time, is it easier to use EVBatMon? (We are quite interested in tracking from the cooler times through the Phoenix summer.)
2012 iMIEV ES
2014 Chevy Volt

PV1
Site Moderator

Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:26 pm

If you tap on the left side stats of CaniOn, it'll take a screenshot. This is functionality of the app itself.

As for user manual, this thread is probably your best bet. Which stats aren't working?

To track battery capacity over time, EVBatMon would be the better choice as it actually queries the car for Ah capacity. CaniOn is most useful for checking cell balance, temperatures, and logging driving data. It doesn't query the car at all, but simply listens to the CANbus.

Phximiev

Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:20 pm

Ok, the screen shot function worked and I found the image in a Photos folder.

The function that doesn't appear to be working is the 'Acc Pedal History'. Also, what is that?

Canion seems to store its trip sessions in date-time stamped files that can be accessed from a pull-down menu in the upper right part of the screen. Does this get cleared out after a while?

How does one distinguish between the 1 and 2 trips on this menu?
How does one reset the trip timers, one or two?
What's the difference between the 'my Trip Timer', 'my Trip Timer 2', and 'Trip Timer' selections?

What is a typical or recommended time to record stuff? I see from 5 min to 48h.
2012 iMIEV ES
2014 Chevy Volt

Phximiev

Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:35 pm

Phximiev wrote:. . . The function that doesn't appear to be working is the 'Acc Pedal History'. Also, what is that?

Ok, the 'Acc Pedal History' shows the accelerator pedal %. Straight forward enough. Not sure what one would use it for unless one is comparing usage to pedal position.

As to a user's manual, there appears to be a reasonable explanation of the program's function in the About menu item in the Description selection. This cleared up a number of questions.

One that isn't answered tho is the use of the two icons on the right. The lower shows the battery SoC with an fps number below it. What the upper icon for (consisting of four rectangles)?

Another item is the 'Car State' feature, which appears to allow a user to collect data from Canion. Anyone used this feature? I cannot seem to find a reference to it on the forum.

I've been watching the battery status every 15 minutes or so while charging the car. Quite thought provoking actually.

:D
2012 iMIEV ES
2014 Chevy Volt

PV1
Site Moderator

Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:54 am

I never noticed car state (might be an update out there I haven't downloaded yet).

The four-section rectangle above the battery is a power meter. The four sections line up with the tick marks and the zero-power point on the car's power gauge. It's also color coded. The bottom section has a green bar to indicate regen, the next section up is the ECO range and has a blue bar. The third section is about halfway on the power gauge and has an orange bar, and the top section is the power section of the gauge and has a red bar.

As for the two My Trip screens, you can set these up with a bunch of different stats. I have the first one set up with a bunch of energy and charging info, and the second one with temperature stats (heater loop and battery).

Return to “Instruments - Radio/USB/Nav - CAN - Climate Controls - Remote”