PRE HEATING CAR WHILST CHARGING

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ANDY4004

HI all I've had my i-MiEV 10 days now, so still learning about it. I've read that in cold weather its possible to heat the car whilst charging it, but can't find anything in the Handbook about this. Is this possible and how do I do this. Grateful for any advice. ANDY

did they give you the little Remote that comes with the car? It's a bit weird, but it works. You have to use that. The instruction on how to use it are in the manual.

It works much better when you're charging via 220 rather than 110. Also, myself and other owners prefer the "Defrost" mode of preheating instead of the actual Preheat mode. Just seems to make it feel warmer to me. :D

Andy's from the UK, so pretty sure all of his recharging will be at 240 volts

Technically, in the USA there is no such thing as 110 or 220 AC - It's either 120 or 240

Don

Don said:
Andy's from the UK, so pretty sure all of his recharging will be at 240 volts

Technically, in the USA there is no such thing as 110 or 220 AC - It's either 120 or 240

Don
I wasn't given a remote control and there is nothing in the handbook about it so I must assume this feature is not fitted. Andrew

iDriver said:
did they give you the little Remote that comes with the car? It's a bit weird, but it works. You have to use that. The instruction on how to use it are in the manual.

It works much better when you're charging via 220 rather than 110. Also, myself and other owners prefer the "Defrost" mode of preheating instead of the actual Preheat mode. Just seems to make it feel warmer to me. :D
Thanks for you help Just spoken to a guy from Mitsubishi where I bought the car. He said its not fitted to the model I have which was registered in 2012 but is fitted to the newer ones.

Looks like ours. We do not have preheating, not even sitting in the car while charging.

We solved it with a portable 2 kW blower and heater. That works actually better than the built in heater and is ideal for digging the car out of the snow and deicing and defogging the windows.

On the good side we can charge full power (3.3 kW) and heat at the same time but from a different power socket. The heater works from the battery pack and eats from the 3.3 kW of the charger.

Cheers
Peter and Karin

Back