I lost my remote climate control !

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hete

I fall off my chair when i got the price of this %(@*#& remote : 890$

is anyone know a replacement, or how to build a custom remote ?

NB : I live in Canada (Québec) and everything about EV are 2x to 4x the standard price.. so I imagine that somewhere the price will be more logical

thanks all !

hete said:
I fall off my chair when i got the price of this %(@*#& remote : 890$CAN !!?!?!?!

there is always a way...

I'd like to be able to access my car over IP with safeguards that meet my high standards (no keys for anyone else: carwings/onstar admins, etc)

Sorry to revive this old thread but it applies to me and I didn't want to create a duplicate.

I am about to purchase a 2012 Mitsubishi i-MiEV and it doesn't include the remote even though according to the VIN it originally included one.. My local dealer quoted me $811.08 + tax for the remote and $200.00 to program it to the car!

This is amazingly expensive! What options do I have? Can I purchase a used one? Should I beg the dealer to adjust the final price? Ask for a credit? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

The car is being shipped from Lambert GM in Ohio and I live in Chicago, IL. I have not yet signed on the dotted line but the paperwork is on its way to me. It will arrive next week Monday.

Just enjoy the car without the remote. It isn't worth a thousand dollars in features in addition to it's limited range, functions and counterintuitive operating mode. I've used it a couple of times and given up on it. Just my opinion.

Hi David
Welcome to the Forum

What feature is it you thing you would most need from the remote.

My guess is since you're living in Chicago it would be preheating
if so

Try and get a discount from the dealer and consider installing a Diesel liquid heater
In my opinion a $1,000 dollars much better invested.

Hi, thanks for the welcome! I'm new here, originally was going to buy a 2015 Mirage ES 5 SMT but the i-MiEV deal I got comes out to being less with warranty. Granted the Mirage has an excellent long long brand new warranty, its still more expensive initially and in the long run (operating costs). The i-MiEV provides enough range for work and errands. EV charging stations have become plentiful here in Chicago since mass produced EVs arrived on the scene back in 2012, and the price for this fully equipped i-MiEV was too good to pass up. $11,108.50 shipped to my front door. $1000 down payment, $200.54/month at 4.99% for 60 months. 600 miles, SE Premium, white. I fell in love with the i-MiEV after seeing my first used one up close and personal a couple weeks back. Then I went and test drove a new 2014 ES and it solidified my choice for an EV. Finally I went and checked out an ES with 2,250 miles for $9000. It was tempting by the SE Premium was only a little more with all the bells and whistles! Did I mention 600 miles? :)

http://www.lambertgm.net/VehicleDetails/used-2012-Mitsubishi-i_MiEV-4dr_HB_ES-Cuyahoga_Falls-OH/2469901343

I wanted it just because. I wanted the "complete" package. The features aren't deal breakers but they're nice to have I guess. You're right, in Chicago winters, the preheat would've been cool to have, even the precool in hot humid summers here.

If the remote was lost by the previous owner, can I really fault the current dealer for it? I admit, I got a little heated and may have overreacted. Its technically not their fault but I guess there's no true way of knowing where that remote went.

If they offer a discount, I'll take it and shut up about it. If not, I'm not going to push on about it. I sort of feel bad now.

Anyone want to sell me theirs? Lol
So I'm not missing out on much? Thanks guys! Cannot wait to get my i-MiEV!

davidricardo86, welcome to the forum. Some of us keep our Remotes at home. It may be worth your while to try to obtain the previous owner's name and address and contact them to see if they still have it lying around. In any case, I would certainly negotiate with the dealer that is selling you the car.
davidricardo86 said:
Did I mention 600 miles? :)
Hopefully it did not spend most of its life outside sitting still fully charged. :roll:

:shock: :eek:

Darn, I didn't think about that. The CARFAX says it was a "corporate car," whatever that means?!

Just when I thought I had a good one locked down...

How would I even go about finding the previous owner? That seems almost impossible considering the dealer salesman told me they attain these i-MiEVs at auctions. The CARFAX also agrees with this and the car originally came from N. Carolina.

It is quite nice, with so little miles it probably still smells like a new car. I mean, even if the battery maintenance is a mystery, I still have the warranty...right?...

I still have the option to not buy it. I was really excited but now I'm not so sure I should lock myself into this purchase for the next 5 years. I hope I'm not making a mistake. I enjoyed test driving it and my job is 10 miles each way so range wouldn't be an issue for my typical day.

There are so many used i-MiEV on the market its not even funny. What gives?

Any Mitsubishi employees on this forum that can get us discounted i-MiEV remotes? :p

David, I posted your question on the used i-MiEV topic. Also, I moved this 'Remote Climate Control' thread (topic) into the appropriate subforum.

To answer your other question, unfortunately, we have no Mitsu staff on this forum, overtly.

Back On Topic, finding a source for an inexpensive Remote and how to program it will be quite a worthwhile endeavour, IMO.

JoeS said:
David, I posted your question on the used i-MiEV topic. Also, I moved this 'Remote Climate Control' thread (topic) into the appropriate subforum.

To answer your other question, unfortunately, we have no Mitsu staff on this forum, overtly.

Back On Topic, finding a source for an inexpensive Remote and how to program it will be quite a worthwhile endeavour, IMO.

I work at an Acura dealership and the best I can get is the dealership 'cost' price. I really want the remote so I'm going to buy it but I have to do some research before I pull the trigger.

sventchik, the Remote that is being referred-to is the North American i-MiEV-unique device which programs both charge time scheduling (delay until ON and ON—>OFF time) as well as activating climate control for heat, defrost, and aircon. Unfortunately, this gadget is really unique and really expensive and doesn't work well with L2 EVSEs. Here is a photo of it partially disassembled:
http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=14468#p14468

david, not worth the $$$ IMO. You can get various relatively-inexpensive timers to program your charging, and just live without the climate portion - preserve the bargain you got.

AFIK a lot of Mitsubishi's were sold or leased two years ago either because of the 10 K price reduction or the $99 two year leases. The two years started to come up last month so there are a lot of lease returns out there. If you want a cheap one and a good selection, now is the time to be looking.

I ended up finding a used remote on ebay for $100. The dealer only charged me $50 to set it up for my car. Still expensive in my opinion, but far better than MSRP!

I have been looking for one on Ebay, along with an extra Key (not just the lock/unlock) plastic part.

No luck. Maybe I am not wording it correctly.

I searched miev remote and was able to find a key. I could use a remote, though. Koorz didn't come with one, but I did get both keys.

The label on the back of mine says it is made by "Omron" Model: GHW-M0002

website at http://www.omron.com/technology/index.html

Perhaps a list of distributors from them would lead to a different source??

Aerowhatt

Little bump and a ?

I only need the remote for the Winter time of warming up the cabin.

Might sound dumb but ..... can I start the car with it plugged in and run the heater? Then disconnect the plug and drive off and not hurting anything (battery/charger etc) by doing that ?
Would the charger kick back on and recharge as the heater takes battery life ?

Back