Blink Level-3 charging problems

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leec

I've had trouble charging my i-MiEV on the Blink DC fast charger and seek corroboration from other drivers. If you live in the Seattle, Portland, San Francisco or Phoenix area and have a CHAdeMO quick-charge port I'd love to hear your experiences using the ECOtality L3 EVSE.

The currently available quick-charge locations can be seen on the BlinkMap (deselect L2 from the Layers menu to see only L3)

The specific problem I've noticed is prematurely terminated charging which may correlate to battery temperature. In a high state of charge on a warm day the session ends after 0 seconds. At lower temps/SoC it lasts a few minutes but doesn't reach the requested charge level.

I had early termination problems at the Belmont, CA Blink quick charger. That was back in summer 2012. I contacted Blink and Mitsubishi, both said they were working on a software glitch. I haven't had occasion to try again, but I'm very interested in whether this problem has been solved. Is there anyone out there with more current information?

Bill

Back