how to find the MAC Address of a level 2 Blink EVSE ?[crude solution]

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiev

A couple of years ago i had my EVSE connected over wifi to my home network modem, but then i took it off the list due to the fact that it was trying to update itself and was going out on the web without my commanding. So far it has worked fine, just plug in and charge, no internet or wifi.

But today i went out to drive and the car had stopped charging at only 4 bars. So i want to add the EVSE back on wifi so i can monitor the charging--but i don't know it's MAC address.

Is there a menu item or trick to getting it to reveal the MAC on the screen? i only allow connection to my network via an enabled MAC address.

[EDIT] i solved this--had to turn off the protection list at the modem to allow anybody to connect over wifi, then went outside and turned on wifi at the EVSE. The EVSE found the open wifi connection and promptly jumped on. Then i could pull up the connection list for the modem and find the MAC Adress of the unknown device. Then shut off the wifi and turned protection back on. Now i could enable the EVSE only to connect using the MAC list. Not a safe method, but a brute force approach just to get the address.

Now i can connect to the EVSE directly using the intranet password feature and monitor that the charging is taking place. By turing off the HTTP proxy feature in the EVSE, it is restricted to my local network and won't be going out on the www looking for updates and other trouble...

I'll just leave this here:

https://www.howtogeek.com/204458/why-you-shouldn%E2%80%99t-use-mac-address-filtering-on-your-wi-fi-router/

Thanks, that's a great article, good place for it--i have kids at home so i'm using the "bicycle lock" on the [WPA2] bank vault door...

Back