Charge station help, when someone already there charging ...

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigger19687

Yesterday was the 1st time I came to a double charger where one was charging with #1 port.

#2 port was plugged into the Left side and the #1 port was in the other car charging - leaving the Right side of the charger open.

So I tap my card and the CLICK you hear was for the Right side of the Charger. It didn't undo the Left side.
I tried several times............I stopped the other guys charge I think then started HIS with my C.P. card :shock:

I ended up just leaving.
But can someone tell me if this is normal or not ? Shouldn't it unlock whatever port was still plugged in to the charger ?
Does this mean that the charger has an issue ........... or was it Operator Malfunction :oops: ?

The only time I've used a ChargePoint station was when nobody else was, and the station unlocked both ports, since a car could be parked on either side. It sounds like somebody screwed up and got the plugs swapped with their ports. Since the station saw cord #1 was in use, it unlocked port #2, but cord #2 was in port #1, and port #1 stayed locked. The station probably unlocks the corresponding port based on which cord is plugged in. For example, cord #1 was plugged into the car, so the next person needing a charge would use cord #2, so the station would unlock port #2, even though cord #2 was in port #1. It doesn't see the storage ports as vacant/occupied.

(10 points to whoever can follow that :lol: ;) )

I guess you could've called ChargePoint and explained the situation, and maybe they could manually unlock port #1. It sounds like ChargePoint may need to tweak the firmware and have both ports unlock when a ChargePoint card is swiped and one cord is in use.

So,
Does this mean that the charger has an issue ........... or was it Operator Malfunction :oops: ?
Yes :lol: :roll: . But seriously, there is apparently a minor oversight in the firmware (fault of the programmer) and operator error by the last people to use the stations (swapping cords with the ports).

Fhewww, Thought I had lost it, glad someone else understood.

So I am going to guess that someone called CP to unlock and replugged it in wrong.

Every other time I have used my card on a post alone, it unlocked Both. I know that because it un-clicked #1, and if I waited, it un-clicked #2 and I would pull #2 out. I usually back in so #2 side is next to the L2 charging port.

Next time I will call, good to know.
I tried using the app, but it wouldn't even talk to the charger

Both plugs were probably being used and one of the drivers put the plug back in the wrong port when they were done. Simple as that.

A lot of people have issues with the app activating charging stations.

Back