Schneider Evlink 16A/32A instead of standard 10A cable

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sventchik

Hi to all,

I'm quite lost with the several modes, cables, etc....
Today, we use the standard 240V / 10A which was given with the car. It's ok for almost all situations.

But some days, we would need to have more power during our 2 hours lunch break at home, especially in winter !
Therefore, we think about an alternative from Schneider Electrics :
- a 16A wallbox NCA11130
- a 32A wallbox NCA11230

Those 2 boxes propose a charging level 3, according to IEC 61851
And a plug Type 3 according to IEC 62196

Is this compatible with our french C-Zero ?
What cable do I need to plug the car on the wallbox ?
What are the expected improvements if I take a 16A one (400 euros) ? and if I take a 32A (690 euros) ?

Will I connect the cable on the same side of the car ?

No matter whether the 16A or 32A, the C-Zero will charge about 14A, which is the maximum of the internal car charger.

The extra cost of 32A is only justified if you plan to change the C-Zero for a 2014 Leaf, for example, which does support the 32A load current.

With the 16A or 32A, a C-Zero will charge 40% faster (14/10) than serial EVSE.

Yes, in the same plug, right/rear.

Please note, I think the 11130 and 11230 NOT include cable, so you would need an additional cable. Apparently, the 11100 model include cable. You need the cable to charge your car, Renault (for example) supply that cable with the Zoe.

83cc3b4f36.jpg

http://www.schneider-electric.com/products/ww/en/1800-evlink-charging-solutions-for-electric-vehicles/1810-evlink-residential/60848-evlink-residential/

ok, thanks !

I plan to take the 32A, as we will probably in a few years buy another electrocar ! which one, don't know yet, we believe the future has to be with an electric car.
Our second car is actually a Volvo V60. May be in 1-2 years, we could get a V60 hybrid plug-in.

40% is the gain of the 16A.... that's great and enough for us !

If you plan to replace the car, it's probably more interesting to buy the wallbox without cable and a separate cable, as the new car can mount the other connector (the C-Zero has the "Japanese" J1772, while Europe recently defined as standard the "Mennekes", and Renault or german makers use it in Europe)

And not sure if in France you have another standard on the WallBox plug; ¿SCAME, may be?

Back