GE's DuraStation

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjlink

Does anyone have experience we the GE's DuraStation? Today I walked up to the car and it was finished charging according to the lights on the GE unit. I know it was finished via the OVMS app on my phone. Then I saw the charge station turn back on and heard the relay click on. I unplugged it right away. Anyone else seen this occur?

http://www.geindustrial.com/products/electric-vehicle-charging-stations/durastation

JoeS said:
Whoa! Sounds like the Clipper Creek problem that Mitsu did the recall for. Had you used the Remote for this charging session?
No; I don't use the remote.

I found an article about GE wattstations damaging Leafs.
http://www.plugincars.com/nissan-and-ge-have-figured-out-why-wattstation-damages-some-leafs-123471.html

Nobody ever have difficulties with an hydrogen pump, this is a safer way to re-fuel a car as it take only 5 minutes and for electric charging it take 5 hours so you have a lot of time where troubles can show-up. 5 minutes once a week compare to 5 hours each day, you have then 100x more possibilities to broke something with electric charging and also battery wear fast in heat and cold and hydrogen can sustain any temperature without a glitch. All in all it don't make any sense these battery recharging and low range. Im pretty sure that it's big oil that push goverments to subsidises and rule for batteries while neglecting any petrol replacement.

:lol: :lol: What a joke this comment is.
Except for a handful of GM Equinox testers, has anybody ever used a hydrogen pump? How about that being the other way around, hydrogen (hype) comes around to suppress electric cars.

Then again, his profile picture is an oil derrick, so...

Sorry for derailing the thread, but it sounds like GE's putting the blame on Nissan, though both car and EVSE should have brownout protection.

I just came across this model on Home Depot's site:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-EV-Charger-Indoor-Outdoor-Level-2-DuraStation-Wall-Mount-with-18-ft-Cord-EVDSWGH-CP01/205808537?N=5yc1vZc3gj

Not as pretty as the WattStation, but a whole lot cheaper. I think this is the cheapest EVSE I've seen that wasn't a lower-amperage (16-20A) model. (Yes, I realize the i-MiEV can't use more than that anyway. Future-proofing.)

I went with the siemens versicharge unit on Amazon after a lot of research. At $550 with free shipping it was the least expensive (by far) with it's capability. All the way up to 30 amps output (talk about insuring the future) Plus it has a very handy built in delay timer which I use every day. Ever price a separate high amperage 240 volt timer? Siemens is a company with a long and distinguished reputation. Plus it is prettier than the GE watt station! Really clear easy to understand interface and feedback too. Very very happy with this unit!

Aerowhatt

Back